Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Administrator
22,951 Posts
That’s total bullshit ~~ crushing bikes cuz they’re “noisy?” F**k him.

* update / note ~~ my opinion has been softened by an actual New Yorkers viewpoint. Keep reading to @cda129 s response.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I suspect the noise wasn't the main issue. I've watched vids and you have probably also seen them where swarms of youngsters on bikes & ATVs without license plates terrorize others on the road and pedestrians with their totally wild, dangerous and lawless antics and the cops can't stop or catch them.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Many of the bikes / wheelers were stolen, with serial numbers removed.
NY requires permits for use of State trails and seasonal roads. Much like stolen guns with altered/missing serial numbers, it’s cheaper and easier to destroy them.
Very few were legal street bikes. Even fewer had much value.
Still, it made me cringe to see the file footage when they aired it on the news.
I believe the crushing was done at a landfill - dozer is already in use on site. Recycling is also done right there.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
After seeing yootube vids of the idiots who terrorize the streets of big cities on these often stolen and unregistered machines, and the poor cops who are unsuccessfully trying to stop them, I applaud the crackdown. Sure, this crushing is a publicity stunt by NYC but maybe it will send some kind of message to a few of the morons who are doing so much damage to our sport.

·
Registered
2014 Chief Vintage
857 Posts
That was just a dog and pony show. The bikes were already off the street and probably not going to be resold. I’m tired of meaningless political grandstanding from both sides. It’s really not going to do anything to stop what’s going on. If you really look there were a few sport bikes and cruisers, beside the dirt bikes and ATV’s.

·
Registered
2019 Roadmaster
58 Posts
NO!! not at all because they are noisy. Because the riders SUCK!!!! I live in NYC and I cheered like a child at Disneyland when I saw this yesterday. These riders have no insurance no registration no license no helmet no brain no sense of decency no class - nothing but pure trash. They gather en masse run red lights ride on sidewalks shoot each other and bystanders run over each other and bystanders snatch purses and more. NYC has a policy of no chase no engagement. So its a free for all. Hundreds gather and take over streets with impunity. The bikes are only captured when unattended such as chained to poles, etc.

Anyone who doesn't live through this wouldn't understand. If I accidently run a red light or go ever so slowly over the speed limit I will be stopped and ticketed for anything and everything possible - because I am legal and WILL stop. But these criminals will surround a cop car doing wheelies on illegal bikes and cops act as if they do not exist per policy of zero engagement. These bikes often have no mufflers at all so scream like banshee in heat at full throttle, on a street full of 50 story glass steel and concrete bldgs the sound is beyond deafening, its pure torture 24 hours a day. They drive the wrong way on one way streets snatching purses and having shootouts with rivals.

Each and everone of these bikes should be destroyed along with the criminals riding them. Like someone else above mentioned, there are probably youtube videos and news reels of it, but they don't compare to being here in the middle of it. They pull people from cars and beat them if honked at. I am SOOOO tired of these horrible scum in clothes terrorizing the city.

Yes it makes my blood boil...

·
Registered
2021 Roadmaster DH in White Smoke
127 Posts
I really love NY.:unsure: I understand getting these bikes off the street and out of the hands of some individuals, but WTF!! Do something better than just crush them. Donate them to Cars for Kids or there are other places to donate that would find good homes and the money could be used for good.

·
Registered
2021 Roadmaster DH in White Smoke
127 Posts
NO!! not at all because they are noisy. Because the riders SUCK!!!! I live in NYC and I cheered like a child at Disneyland when I saw this yesterday. These riders have no insurance no registration no license no helmet no brain no sense of decency no class - nothing but pure trash. They gather en masse run red lights ride on sidewalks shoot each other and bystanders run over each other and bystanders snatch purses and more. NYC has a policy of no chase no engagement. So its a free for all. Hundreds gather and take over streets with impunity. The bikes are only captured when unattended such as chained to poles, etc.

Anyone who doesn't live through this wouldn't understand. If I accidently run a red light or go ever so slowly over the speed limit I will be stopped and ticketed for anything and everything possible - because I am legal and WILL stop. But these criminals will surround a cop car doing wheelies on illegal bikes and cops act as if they do not exist per policy of zero engagement. These bikes often have no mufflers at all so scream like banshee in heat at full throttle, on a street full of 50 story glass steel and concrete bldgs the sound is beyond deafening, its pure torture 24 hours a day. They drive the wrong way on one way streets snatching purses and having shootouts with rivals.

Each and everone of these bikes should be destroyed along with the criminals riding them. Like someone else above mentioned, there are probably youtube videos and news reels of it, but they don't compare to being here in the middle of it. They pull people from cars and beat them if honked at. I am SOOOO tired of these horrible scum in clothes terrorizing the city.

Crush the rider not the bike! Taking the bike and crushing it does nothing to stop the rider. He will just go and buy or steal another bike and do it again. This is not the way to handle this and stop the problem.

·
Registered
2019 Roadmaster
58 Posts
Crush the rider not the bike! Taking the bike and crushing it does nothing to stop the rider. He will just go and buy or steal another bike and do it again. This is not the way to handle this and stop the problem.
They are rat rides, stripped, stolen, ragged out pieces of crap. Death traps on 2 wheels. Besides we NEED the optics. The people of NYC need to feel as if they got some revenge some recourse. Many of these are actually atvs which have no place in Times Square or on any Manhattan Street. Its a sweet feeling to get some vindication. If you were swarmed daily by deafening madness pack of gun toting jackasses running over children and little old ladies, you too would smile sweetly at the sight of this. Its well deserved. Only thing missing are the riders, and I am being very very nice calling them riders.

It may not be the best way to handle it, but its better than nothing. And again optics - its a sweet feeling watching them destroyed. I would not give one of those death traps to my worst enemy.

·
Registered
516 Posts

So as I understand it, you’re basically comparing these hoodlums to banditos or gunslingers from the old Wild West. The ones that robbed trains, stage coaches and the like? I’ve seen the videos on YouTube so I couldn’t agree more. But.... Back it up to the late 1800’s. When the posse catches the bad guys they were usually sent to the gallows. Those particular criminals never terrorized again. I suppose they should have left them alone and just killed the horses. Yeah, that would’ve deterred them from ever doing wrong again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Roadmaster
58 Posts
I really love NY.:unsure: I understand getting these bikes off the street and out of the hands of some individuals, but WTF!! Do something better than just crush them. Donate them to Cars for Kids or there are other places to donate that would find good homes and the money could be used for good.
To be honest to say donate these criminal machines is kinda like saying we should donate the guns used at the Uvalde Texas shooting to some "law abiding" good ol boy, because then they could be used for "good"

·
Registered
2019 Roadmaster
58 Posts
So as I understand it, you’re basically comparing these hoodlums to banditos or gunslingers from the old Wild West. The ones that robbed trains, stage coaches and the like? I’ve seen the videos on YouTube so I couldn’t agree more. But.... Back it up to the late 1800’s. When the posse catches the bad guys they were usually sent to the gallows. Those particular criminals never terrorized again. I suppose they should have left them alone and just killed the horses. Yeah, that would’ve deterred them from ever doing wrong again.

PLEASE come hang these guys for us. I'll be ever indebted to you for this great service. 100% with you on this.

·
Registered
516 Posts
PLEASE come hang these guys for us. I'll be ever indebted to you for this great service. 100% with you on this.
I’m just saying. Punish the criminals. It really is that simple. I’m sure the cops want to do their job. It’s too often the prosecutors/defense attorneys/judges letting these hoodlums off thinking that maybe they can be rehabilitated.

·
Registered
To many
75 Posts
It's one way to help the economy going, crush them they will end up steeling new ones. let the criminals go to save the city money it's a win win. I wonder if they took all the gas, oil, antifreeze and batteries out or who going to pay for the toxic clean up.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts