Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've taken a motorcycle ride every New Year's Day since 1990. Some were shorter than others, and some were easier than others, but I've not missed one yet, even through 2 bouts of cancer. This year it had to be early since really shitty weather is going to hit about 2AM here in Kansas City, so I left the house about 11:45 and was riding at midnight. Mission accomplished. Anyone else here follow the tradition of a ride every New Year's Day?

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,826 Posts
No dice this year. Freezing rain turning back to plain old rain later in the day.

·
Founding member
2014 Red Chief Classic
920 Posts
The wife and I are riding, the sky is beautiful down here in Sarasota though we do have some clouds today. It's only 73 right now but it will be going up to 78 by early afternoon. Life is good.

UPDATE: I was way wrong about our high temp today. Instead of 78, it got up to 86. Living in Paradise.

·
Rider
974 Posts
Not going to happen here. Freezing rain and way too much salt everywhere. Tomorrow will be 54 degrees and sunny. Might go then. I admire your tradition and dedication to it.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,041 Posts
Good morning Folks and Happy New Year!
My custom for years on New Year's Day has been to ride the river road along the border from Presidio to Terlingua to attend the annual Black-Eyed Pea-Off in Terlingua Ghost Town. It has been canceled this year due to reasons we won't mention. The Big Bend enjoyed a massive snowstorm yesterday and everything is covered in snow and ice, very pretty but not ideal for motorcycling. Not to worry, it'll be in the mid-60s by Monday. Here's to a better 2021! --- Randall
IMG_0395.JPG IMG_0397.JPG

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've taken a motorcycle ride every New Year's Day since 1990. Some were shorter than others, and some were easier than others, but I've not missed one yet, even through 2 bouts of cancer. This year it had to be early since really shitty weather is going to hit about 2AM here in Kansas City, so I left the house about 11:45 and was riding at midnight. Mission accomplished. Anyone else here follow the tradition of a ride every New Year's Day?
Based on the title of this thread... you are a year behind and need to take another ride for 2021! 😂 Happy New Year!

·
Silver member
4,842 Posts
I try to but not sure if I'll get out today. We got record snow last week and roads are kinda crappy. View attachment 617915
I'm about 15ish miles north of Syracuse (Brewerton NY). We got about a foot of snow last time around. After a bit of a warm up and some rain the roads are pretty clear around here. I just got back from a short ride, maybe 45 minutes, and the roads I was on were mostly free of snow and ice. Few wet/salty spots but I was able to drive around that stuff. No riding the last 3 or so weeks and it felt good to be on the bike again :giggle: Bit chilly though, 33-34 degrees.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I figured 65 and sunny for the first time ever in my life why not lay a couple Hundred down ! Trading Chicago for Arizona will do that ! And it went like this and prior to this one I passed 2 more twice as big. Bad night on this road but it’s all open range in this area
D7C52979-135B-4035-97EA-F0C858C36D35.jpeg
A4CA9032-749D-4CE2-AF6A-D45E2960D1C3.jpeg
76B89EB2-166A-4514-BA63-40956306F902.jpeg

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Based on the title of this thread... you are a year behind and need to take another ride for 2021! 😂 Happy New Year!
Well, it was 2020 when I left the house, LOL. Good catch. You knew what I meant but I changed it.

·
Registered
2019 Indian Chieftain Darkhorse
183 Posts
Got out for a few miles to listen to this new exhaust wake up the entire city

·
Registered
492 Posts
I was fortunate...88 degrees and 200 sunny miles. Ride safe

1 - 16 of 16 Posts