Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First...sorry, I think I posted this wrong!

I've been waiting for my Scout too! Put a deposit down late Sept 2014 before the 5 yr warrantly deadline. Never received confirmation of my deposit from anyone. I didn't even know I should have gotten one until I joined the forum!

Spoke with my dealership 3 weeks ago and again today. I was told they are "hoping/expecting" some more bikes in by the end of the month. Supposedly I'm the first one on the list for the Black Smoke (no black smoke bikes have been delivered to the dealership yet.)

He did tell me that there have been paint issues with the red Scouts that have come thru the dealership, but wasn't aware of any issues with the Black Smoke. Sooo...idk.

I will be taking by the $200 apparel coupon after work today. He told me to just print it off and bring it by, but they need a VIN# before they can send it in. They don't have a VIN# for me yet. When does one get a VIN#?

I'm wondering if I don't have a VIN# yet, then I may not be getting the bike by the end of the month. :(

·
Registered
656 Posts
You don't need the VIN# but the order confirmation #. They (dealer)should have that or you can call Indian Customer Service and give them name, date, etc. and they can look it up. That came in my email when I put my deposit down and the order went in. Good Luck & Welcome to the forum.
The VIN # won't be known until the bike is ready for shipment. Then Polaris is supposed to let the dealer know what bikes are on the truck and the dealer gets the VIN. (at least that is what my dealer told me.)

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You don't need the VIN# but the order confirmation #. They (dealer)should have that or you can call Indian Customer Service and give them name, date, etc. and they can look it up. That came in my email when I put my deposit down and the order went in. Good Luck & Welcome to the forum.
The VIN # won't be known until the bike is ready for shipment. Then Polaris is supposed to let the dealer know what bikes are on the truck and the dealer gets the VIN. (at least that is what my dealer told me.)

Okay! Thanks for that information and thank you for the welcome! I would imagine that when the dealer gets the VIN#, they would be able to contact me and at least let me know that it's ready for shipment. I'll ask about this when I go by the dealership today. Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Girl Scout. Not sure why you didn't get a confirmation from Indian, but guess your dealer might be able to answer that question? You can also contact Indian Consumer Services (their Facebook page might be a good way to contact them) to see if you are on the First Run list. As for getting the VIN...you won't get that until your Scout comes in and it is delivered to you by the dealer. Don't worry about the dealer's issue with getting paid by Indian (unless they didn't send in the required information when you ordered your Scout). I am suggesting you first contact Indian to see if you are on the list, and if not, they might be able to help straighten things out with your dealer. Wishing the best in getting answers...

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum, Girl Scout. Not sure why you didn't get a confirmation from Indian, but guess your dealer might be able to answer that question? You can also contact Indian Consumer Services (their Facebook page might be a good way to contact them) to see if you are on the First Run list. As for getting the VIN...you won't get that until your Scout comes in and it is delivered to you by the dealer. Don't worry about the dealer's issue with getting paid by Indian (unless they didn't send in the required information when you ordered your Scout). I am suggesting you first contact Indian to see if you are on the list, and if not, they might be able to help straighten things out with your dealer. Wishing the best in getting answers...
Thanks for the welcome! Just by browsing the forum today, I've learned so much and that I'm not alone in waiting! I think I will take your advice on contacting Indian Consumer Service, thanks for that info!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the bike! ( love the name BTW )

As you will soon learn, the red Scouts are the fastest hence the problems :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

As you will soon learn, the red Scouts are the fastest hence the problems :rolleyes:

Thanks for the welcome! Yes, with what I've read, red seems to have some issues. Not all, but quite a few. I just wonder if the same holds true for the black smoke...?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Thanks for the welcome! Yes, with what I've read, red seems to have some issues. Not all, but quite a few. I just wonder if the same holds true for the black smoke...?
I think you are OK. The flat or matte paint is a different application process than traditional shiny paint.

·
Super Moderator
5,851 Posts
. . . .
Spoke with my dealership 3 weeks ago and again today. I was told they are "hoping/expecting" some more bikes in by the end of the month. Supposedly I'm the first one on the list for the Black Smoke (no black smoke bikes have been delivered to the dealership yet.)
. . . . .
The Annapolis dealer has 2 Black Smoke and 2 grey on the floor (Chesapeake Cycles).
Welcome to the forum Girl Scout . . . and I also like the moniker. Don't be alarmed, but some on this forum are going to make fun of the name - e.g., the Scout is a Girl's bike, etc. NOT ME! Just stating what I've read. Actually I think the Scout is a bad ass scoot. Any more powerful and I would hesitate to ride it. Sold a pretty radical Sporter a while back because of that, just too damn quick.

You;ll like the folks here - fun, wise, learned, experienced - except Husky-Davidson (just kidding Husky!).:p

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts

Totally agree!
Alpal

·
Founding member
1,068 Posts
Welcome GS 59. I would also be concerned about not hearing from Indian about your deposit etc too. Except that I too never had any sort of confirmation or any communications directly from Indian. Actually I still haven't ever received any, emails, letters gift boxes etc directly from Indian Motorcycles. There has never been any indication that they know me at all... directly from Indian Motorcycles. Well there was this one time on December 16 when they were nice enough to send a thunder Black Scout with my name on it to my dealer. Number 507 is spending most of it's time these days holed up in the garage. Check with your dealer I think that you'll be alright. I hope that your Scout arrives very soon. BTW The red Scouts owners are always saying that Red is faster.... are they compensating for something?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Okay! Thanks for that information and thank you for the welcome! I would imagine that when the dealer gets the VIN#, they would be able to contact me and at least let me know that it's ready for shipment. I'll ask about this when I go by the dealership today. Thanks again!
By the way Welcome aboard

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Glad to have you in the Indian family Girl Scout 59. Post lots and have fun!
Ride safe when you get that beautiful scout! A truly nice colour you have chosen.

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts
Welcome, got cookies? I'm buying.
PS: watch out for Alan Brown , he may order some but then backs out.
LOL.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
First...sorry, I think I posted this wrong!

I've been waiting for my Scout too! Put a deposit down late Sept 2014 before the 5 yr warrantly deadline. Never received confirmation of my deposit from anyone. I didn't even know I should have gotten one until I joined the forum!

He did tell me that there have been paint issues with the red Scouts that have come thru the dealership, but wasn't aware of any issues with the Black Smoke. Sooo...idk.

I will be taking by the $200 apparel coupon after work today. He told me to just print it off and bring it by, but they need a VIN# before they can send it in. They don't have a VIN# for me yet. When does one get a VIN#?

I'm wondering if I don't have a VIN# yet, then I may not be getting the bike by the end of the month. :(
Welcome and congrats on your Black Smoke Scout order, THE FASTEST COLOR :D

·
Super Moderator
5,851 Posts
Welcome GS 59. I would also be concerned about not hearing from Indian about your deposit etc too. Except that I too never had any sort of confirmation or any communications directly from Indian. Actually I still haven't ever received any, emails, letters gift boxes etc directly from Indian Motorcycles. There has never been any indication that they know me at all... directly from Indian Motorcycles. Well there was this one time on December 16 when they were nice enough to send a thunder Black Scout with my name on it to my dealer. Number 507 is spending most of it's time these days holed up in the garage. Check with your dealer I think that you'll be alright. I hope that your Scout arrives very soon. BTW The red Scouts owners are always saying that Red is faster.... are they compensating for something?
Oh, that because they are all color-blind. They confuse red with grey. Grey is actually the fastest.! :)

1 - 20 of 56 Posts