Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just scheduled to take delivery of a new 2018 Chieftain Limited in Brilliant Blue. Picking it up on the 8th. Have a friend coming with me to the dealer so I can ride it home (3 - 3.5 hrs)

Bike was never titled and is eligible for the full factory warranty.

I am super stoked.:cool:

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
So change of plans... Still getting it...

A WEEK EARLY! :D:D:D

Apparently there are rebates on it that expire Saturday.
So a Road Trip is in order...

I actually asked for a heel shifter to be installed for the inconvenience. So we will see if they do it.
Congratulations wow nice colour too. Just a word of warning about the heel shifter do go with the Pinnacle one as it does not go all the way back towards the floor board ,I had one and never had enough room for my foot to use the whole length of the floor board. I changed it to a Kuryakyn heel shifter and much better as the peg sits just behind the floor board and changes so smooth. Enjoy your new bike .

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have test rode a chieftain with the pinnacle and it was just fine for me. If not, it was a free add on for having been inconvenienced. So no harm no foul.

:)

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
I have test rode a chieftain with the pinnacle and it was just fine for me. If not, it was a free add on for having been inconvenienced. So no harm no foul.

:)
All good we are all happy with what we deal with.Just to give you an Idea the Pinnacle shifter is in the first photos then I changed to the Kuryakyn shown in the second photo .I found it much more comfy and changed smoother too. My only gripe is that I should have bought a shorter peg as sometimes I knock my inner leg muscle on the peg when I put may leg down . No big deal but just another observation . Good luck and if you got your heel shifter in the deal as I did with the first one good luck.
IMG_0260.jpg
IMG_0697.jpg

·
Bronze member
1,039 Posts
CONGRATS on your beautiful ride! I love that you got a complimentary heel shifter for being inconvenienced for taking your toy home a week early, LOL...PLUS, you saved more money!!! (Of course, I'm saying this in jest knowing you had a long road trip and considering your friend's time). Kudos to your dealership and sales manager for making a happy customer. I'm certain you'll be great advertisement for them and Indian. Welcome to the tribe from Philadelphia.

·
Registered
467 Posts
All good we are all happy with what we deal with.Just to give you an Idea the Pinnacle shifter is in the first photos then I changed to the Kuryakyn shown in the second photo .I found it much more comfy and changed smoother too. My only gripe is that I should have bought a shorter peg as sometimes I knock my inner leg muscle on the peg when I put may leg down . No big deal but just another observation . Good luck and if you got your heel shifter in the deal as I did with the first one good luck.
View attachment 521992 View attachment 521994
That is the reason why I had chosen the Aeromach heel shifter and I like it every road trip ;-)

20180606_135526.jpg
20180606_135753.jpg

1 - 20 of 26 Posts