Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a little over 8 weeks since I got my Chieftain Dark Horse and I have been checking the mail a little more regularly lately waiting for my welcome gift to come. I didn't get it yet, but I did get this notice today. I wonder what it will be??

Indian welcome.jpg

Reactions: Stan McD

·
Bronze member
1,842 Posts
I got my bike on June 2. You got more than I got so far. Except a survey that wanted feedback about the buying experience. Someone said that the welcome gift is backordered and will be delivered mid month. But there was no indication of which month. But, I have the bike. That is what counts.

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
I received that card a couple weeks ago. Bought mine in mid June.

·
Rider
1,001 Posts
Bought mine mid July, called yesterday since it was 6 weeks. They said wait another two weeks

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes I just got off the phone with Indian customer service, and they agree with your post. So I will have to wait another month DARN! What I really called for is when I purchased the Chieftain DH it needed a passenger seat and pegs . Well the seat is in , the pegs are out of stock.WOW 1 month what does Indian only have 1 anvil to forge their metal on?Gotta keep Momma happy I need this passenger enhancement.

·
Registered
881 Posts
The gift is "Anticipation".

·
Registered
975 Posts
I don't expect anything for a long time. I didn't get my bike until the end of August.

·
Rider
1,001 Posts
My postcard came today

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
Yes I just got off the phone with Indian customer service, and they agree with your post. So I will have to wait another month DARN! What I really called for is when I purchased the Chieftain DH it needed a passenger seat and pegs . Well the seat is in , the pegs are out of stock.WOW 1 month what does Indian only have 1 anvil to forge their metal on?Gotta keep Momma happy I need this passenger enhancement.
I was at the dealer in Peoria AZ on Tuesday and they have a set of black pegs.

·
Bronze member
2016 Indian Scout
1,846 Posts
It's been a little over 8 weeks since I got my Chieftain Dark Horse and I have been checking the mail a little more regularly lately waiting for my welcome gift to come. I didn't get it yet, but I did get this notice today. I wonder what it will be??

View attachment 89169
I bought my bike in April, called IRMG in July and September about NOK and was told 4-8 weeks each time. I was at Indian dealer on Friday, and Indian rep was there. While talking, I mentioned not getting any information from Indian at all, except ad cards in mail. He took my Vin # and said I would hear back from him. Needless to say, I had Indian survey in mail, and special package delivery on Saturday. Nice backpack!

·
Rider
1,001 Posts
I just got another smaller package yesterday. Another patch, imrg card and another pin.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts