Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Vendor / bronze
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CraigB1960 has been testing the Thunder Works "Ripper" intake for the 111 bikes. He has a tune available for those that are or want to use the "Ripper" intake with the Power Command. You should be able to contact him or FuelMoto. Later this month he will run dyno comparisons between the VooDoo and the Ripper. I will post results.
The Ripper uses a large cone filter to gather air and sends it to the intake manifold via a bulbous elbow. The concept utilizes a hydrodynamic principal that air will flow easier through a 90 degree turn if the elbow is opened up. So this is one of if not the most free flowing air intakes you can get for the 111/116 bikes. Aesthetics are another important element. Hopefully, some of you will like the design. This is made with a high end 3D resin printer that allows flowing lines and complex structure very difficult with normal machining. LINK: https://www.indianaftermarket.com/ripper-intake-blk.html

·
Bronze member
2,256 Posts
@Marcus ... you meant to say tune for the Power Vision?

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk

·
Silver member
3,672 Posts
Another point - many will put a lot of weight on the performance numbers once published. If they are good, surely size has a lot of impact on that

·
Registered
2018 Chief Dark Horse
718 Posts
it looks good on dark horse as well and I dont mind the size. Important thing is that runs flawlessly. I am interested in dyno results as well.
_AGO0934.jpg
_AGO1006.jpg

·
Rider
1,024 Posts
Where can I get that tank emblem?!?!?!?!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Wulf

·
Bronze member
1,745 Posts
@Marcus your original pics from way back didn't reveal very well the design as their were only a few pics, but eventually some more pics showed up that clarified to me that you definitely have a good design and is a "true" plenum design, which the VB system is NOT. Way back when I had my Vaquero I fabbed A VERY cobby and quite ugly plenum system of my own design but the damn thing worked very well as it was huge in it's "storage" capacity, that 4 valve engine wanted lotsa air. If I didn't already have a custom made intake of my own design on my skoot (it is also not attractive) that werks VERY well I would get yours. But I never know so keep the info coming.

RACNRAY

Reactions: Marcus
1 - 11 of 11 Posts