Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looked at the Indian trunk under 2015 accessories and it shows a "X Does not fit 2014" when you plug in that year for ordering it. :mad:

·
Rider
1,100 Posts
Well at one point the Indian web site said the front mud flap was not recommended for the 2014 Chieftain but now that is not the case so one should wait and see. When I was at the grand opening of the new Indian dealer in San Jose last month they had new Indian half helmets on sale but the Indian web page as of yesterday did not show them for sale. They only had the 3/4 and full face helmets and i noticed the factory promo pics of the Roadmaster have the riders wearing the half helmets. The helmets were really undersized as well as a XL would not fit my noggin.

·
Rider
1,100 Posts
I was just checking out the 2015 model year accessories on Indian's web site and they're saying the new heated seat will not work with the 2014 Chieftain. WTF over??? I also remember reading in my owners manual about the heated grips. Hmm well there doesn't appear to be heated grips on the new bikes or am I missing that??? I just hope that Indian has not froze out us 2014 owners with new upgraded factory goodies. Afterall we were the folks who whipped out our wallets and stepped up to the plate to buy the unproven bikes never mind taking them out on the road so that others may be exposed to these great bikes.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I don't believe any of that "won't fit the 2014 Chieftain". The new little leather tank bag that just fits on with magnets also says "will not fit 2014". They will have to fix this misprint.

If the new 2015 pillion seat is lower, maybe the trunk will be tight on the 2014, but one could get an after market seat that could work. (It would add more $$.)

Anyway they wouldn't re-engineer the mount just so it wouldn't fit the 2014!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I like the adjustable passenger footrests (that don't fit the 2014 Cheiftain) Also like the rack on the trunk.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bet/hope you are right about this. It seems really crazy to re-engineer that many mounting points!! I just saw the trunk disclaimer and quit looking!

·
Registered
17 Posts
The Indian website says the 2015 Roadmaster includes heated grips with 10 heat settings. That would suck if they design a Tour Pack that doesn't fit a 2014 Chieftain as I've been waiting to buy one.

·
Registered
99 Posts
On the IndianMotorcycle facebook page, Polaris has posted that the Tour Pack will fit the 2014's!! (Wheww, had us going....)

·
Registered
180 Posts
There is a lot of 2014/15 cross-over. I'm after the heel shifter and my dealer said it would fit my classic. I think we're good.

·
Rider
1,100 Posts
Holy heat batman! 10 settings on the heated grips? That's gotta be another typo. All of the BMW's I've owned including the two I currently own have a high and low setting.

The Indian website says the 2015 Roadmaster includes heated grips with 10 heat settings. That would suck if they design a Tour Pack that doesn't fit a 2014 Chieftain as I've been waiting to buy one.

·
Registered
191 Posts
yes it does

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
the Roadmaster and Cheiftain in my opinion they are the same Bike. Just the Roadmaster has more on it Harley does the same thing. So all 2015 parts should fit like a glove.

·
Registered
958 Posts
funny I have the same passenger footpegs on 14 chieftain right now.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Save yourself $1000. I got tired of waiting for the Indian tour pak and desperately needed something for my Sturgis ride last month. So, I bought a 2014 Harley tour pak, got a fantastic luggage rack/bracket specially made for the Harley/Indian conversion from Thunder Manufacturing in Phoenix, put it on my Chieftain and it worked and looks great!
I saw the Roadmaster Tour Pak at Sturgis and, while it looked nice, it had a LOT LESS storage than my Harley Tour Pak does.....you can fit 2 three quarter helmets and that's it....
Granted, I'm going to have to add lights and electricity, but I'll still be well below the $2500 Polaris is charging....

·
Registered
337 Posts
Save yourself $1000. I got tired of waiting for the Indian tour pak and desperately needed something for my Sturgis ride last month. So, I bought a 2014 Harley tour pak, got a fantastic luggage rack/bracket specially made for the Harley/Indian conversion from Thunder Manufacturing in Phoenix, put it on my Chieftain and it worked and looks great!
I saw the Roadmaster Tour Pak at Sturgis and, while it looked nice, it had a LOT LESS storage than my Harley Tour Pak does.....you can fit 2 three quarter helmets and that's it....
Granted, I'm going to have to add lights and electricity, but I'll still be well below the $2500 Polaris is charging....
How about some pictures of the Harley trunk on your Indian? Harley has such a recognizable trunk that I'm not sure if after it's mounted on the Indian that it will be noticeable that it is a Harley trunk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just received my heel shifter for my 2014 chieftan. The shifter fits all model chief Indians not the Scout. Just wanted to tell all of you people that are panning to do the installation, there is a short cut. You do not have to take the shifter arm an linkage off to install the heel shifting arm. The two hex head screws with washers screw in to the heel shifter with the heads facing the motor. The top screw has enough room to tighten the screw with the 90 degree hex wrench. There is not enough space between the frame and shifter linkage to get the wrench on the bottom screw. All you have to do is cut off about an 1/8 of an inch on the 90 degree end of the hex wrench to make room for the wrench to slip into the head of the screw. It's a five minute or less procedure.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts