Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Silver member
3,141 Posts
I agree FetalEcho, the new Rocket is a beaut for sure. And I too admire the R3s. I've seen 2018 Rocket lll Roadsters with the ol' 2300 CC engine new for round $10K. They're advertised to have 146-148ish HP, about 20 less than the new & improved 2019 version. That new '19 is loaded up with gadgetry though, where as the pre '19s are raw motorcycles. Anyways...$29K is way too rich for my blood :oops:

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts

·
Bronze member
2,105 Posts
In addition to being expensive,they too,are heavy.I considered buying the RIII Tourer model to replace my 2010 Triumph 1600 SE Tbird with,before buying my Indian,but the weight of that machine is what really scared me off as it was close to 900 lbs.To me,that's like putting two wheels on a car then tryin to balance it.And I felt the same way about the Road Master,hence the reason I bought the SDH.My name is not Charles Atlas,nor am I a kid anymore.So thank you,buy no thank you.:rolleyes:

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,655 Posts
I had a 2010 R3T and that bad boy was heavy, not to mention wide. Straddling it at stops, the width took up a lot of my 32 inch inseam making flat footing just do-able. It was also a thirsty beast averaging 35 to 36 mpg most of the time. It was fun while it lasted but I'm glad to be rid of it.

·
Silver member
3,141 Posts
I was thinking about getting a Rocket bagger last year and test rode a R3 Touring last summer, think was a 2009 if memory serves me right. It had the TORS exhaust and the owner said it had been tuned to Roadster specs. It way more ballsy than my '12 Road King I had at the time and it handled pretty well too. But I was wanting one a little newer. In my continued Rocket search I came across my current '15 willow green and cream Vintage, and that was the end of my Rocket search LOL. There is no way to compare the R3T to the Vintage, totally apples'n oranges.

·
Bronze member
2,126 Posts
I can’t remember what model it was but I test rode whatever their big touring model was in 2016. To wide and way to top heavy for me just didn’t fit at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts