Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Indian Roadmaster owner new to site. Great info for riders. Former HD owner, Roadmaster so far has been superior (in my opinion). One question I have is what's involved with creating an IMRG? I'm in Winnipeg, Canada and I know the dealership has sold many Indians- but no info at all for riders group. Anybody have info on what's involved to get this off the ground? That seems to be the one thing that HD has got locked down, Indian needs to get more info out to owners

·
Silver member
3,390 Posts
Welcome, ask you dealer for help setting up a group.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Welcome to the tribe, check the Indian Motorcycle web site and some guys here might be able to help you out forming a riders group........:cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Michigan and congratulations on your new Roadmaster.

Enjoy your ride and good luck getting a local chapter going.

·
Super Moderator
5,749 Posts
Welcome. I imagine it's rather cold up there right now.

As to a local IMRG. A chapter has to be sponsored. Usually by a dealership. The initial cash outlay is $1500, and $1000 every year after that. That might be why your dealer hasn't stepped up to the plate yet. On the other hand, every chapter must submit an annual report to renew their respective registration. If the chapter submits the report/re-registration before January 31, the $1000 fee is waived and the dealer (or chapter) pays nothing.

Our dealership, Chesapeake Cycles of Annapolis, is committing the waived fee to our own club room. How cool is that?

·
Proud Scout Owner! Gold Supporter!
1,352 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the tribe from Germany!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the info. I'll stop by the dealership and see what we can do to get a chapter going. As its -30 degrees right now, it's not urgent to get this IMRG immediately. Man I hate winter...I would rather be riding the RM but I'll have to settle for a snowmobile for the time being

·
Super Moderator
5,749 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'll stop by the dealership and see what we can do to get a chapter going. As its -30 degrees right now, it's not urgent to get this IMRG immediately. Man I hate winter...I would rather be riding the RM but I'll have to settle for a snowmobile for the time being
My chapter started December 2014 - below freezing temps too. Still had 10+ members at each meeting during off-season.
We finally got our official registration completed in May. Takes a while to get all the requirements together.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Congratulations!
Hello there and welcome to the tribe.
I feel your pain on the weather, we finely got some snow here in Michigan.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts