Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Just bought my Scout bobber the other day. I ordered a Bassani 2-into-1 exhaust that I was gonna install after break-in. Am I gonna NEED a rejet with this? I figured I wouldn't because I'm not changing my intake air filter.

My only experience is with a Honda Shadow 750.

Looking forward to a great experience with y'all.

·
Registered
403 Posts
you really do need to tune the bike for the exhaust. it may be fine without doing it but i dont like leaving things up to luck. i highly suggest getting a powervision 3 from fuelmoto they do great work with the scouts. also rejeting is a carb thing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you really do need to tune the bike for the exhaust. it may be fine without doing it but i dont like leaving things up to luck. i highly suggest getting a powervision 3 from fuelmoto they do great work with the scouts. also rejeting is a carb thing.
I'll look into it. Thank you. I'm not sure why I said rejet lol.

·
Bronze member
1,457 Posts
You are correct in that without the higher volume intake the more open exhaust should not create any issues. However like duces said -a tuner from Fuel Moto will make your bike a lot healthier. Now add it and a performance intake and it will really haul ass. I’m an old guy, been ridin for over 50 yrs. I still enjoy the thrill of hard acceleration though.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Why not do a intake upgrade with the exhaust ? If you do the exhaust with a powervision I would recommend adding the upgraded intake like the S&S or Trask

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why not do a intake upgrade with the exhaust ? If you do the exhaust with a powervision I would recommend adding the upgraded intake like the S&S or Trask
I've never really been interested in intake mods on bikes. But I'll look into those as well.

·
Rider
620 Posts
You are correct in that without the higher volume intake the more open exhaust should not create any issues. However like duces said -a tuner from Fuel Moto will make your bike a lot healthier. Now add it and a performance intake and it will really haul ass. I’m an old guy, been ridin for over 50 yrs. I still enjoy the thrill of hard acceleration though.
and they'll make tunes for you for the life that you own the product. They've already done 4 for me throughout my upgrade process.

·
Rider
620 Posts
What's the price range on tunes?
If you buy the dynojet from them? Free.The 4 separate tunes I've gotten from them I didn't pay for. They cost money when you do remote tunes where they get deeper into it, which is you running like 12 miles or something sending them a log file, they make adjustments, you run again, send log etc.

CraigB1960 on here also does tunes. Super cool duderino.

·
Rider
486 Posts
These Scouts are really choked up, air filter wise. Put on a S&S, Arlen Ness Torque Box, or any quality aftermarket air cleaner, have a tune sent to you from Fuel Moto
(The best at tuning in the country) (Many have this opinion), and really WAKE UP your Scout. The seat of the pants feel is amazing!

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Your in a good spot. No need to tune. But is always a good addition. If decide to get tune through Fuel, you don't need to do anything at once. You may add bit by bit as you see fit. And a new tune conducive to your latest upgrade will be given for free.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm going to go a bit against the grain here. The ECU has a little bit of adaptability programmed in and can deal with mild changes like going to a set of slip ons. A 2 into 1 system is a little bit more dramatic though and could use a slightly different tune.

Fortunately the Indian performance filter (which is offered by Indian, same shape as the regular air box without the sound baffles and has a K&N style element) comes with retune card. The tune cards are basically an ECU update performed at the dealer. If you have a 2 into 1, the Indian performance air filter is a decent option and it may be enough to keep the bike running well. I would try that first as the Indian performance filter is pretty affordable and the retune it comes with can be enough to get a freer flowing exhaust to run well.

Full Disclosure, I own a 2017 Scout with a RPW 2-1 system and the Indian Performance filter. It runs quite well with the tune on there that came with the filter. I do get the occasional pop on downshift but it's very infrequent and it just adds a bit of character to the exhaust. I am in the temperate northeast though, so your mileage may differ if you are in a much hotter or drier area.

I wouldn't go to an aftermarket Tuner box unless you absolutely had to, which I do not think is the case for just a Bassani 2-1 exhaust.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts