Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on Facebook this morning and saw this gentleman (Jamison's Customs) selling the arrowhead seat bolt covers similar to those that a former member used to produce. They look pretty cool and I'm considering getting one for myself. Just wanted to throw this out there as an option for folks that are interested.

·
Bronze member
3,398 Posts
Thanks... I've been throwing the idea of making my own around for quite awhile now

·
Silver member
5,030 Posts
Why can I not visualize what these are for?
It's and arrowhead for the rear top fender bolt that normally holds the back seat. They were originally designed by a guy named Dave T. Pilot and were very popular, but he suddenly disappeared from the scene. No one know exactly what happened.

Now Jamison Customs has taken the idea and made a very similar product.

Here's the link to check them out...

Reactions: BHlvr

·
Silver member
5,030 Posts
Here is a picture of one of Dave T Pilots versions. This is the gold version, but it gives you sense of how they look. This kind of "homegrown" Indian accessories made by someone in the tribe were very popular in the Gilroy era. Kind of like Marcus on this site...

inverted-pin-up-600x400-jpg.jpg

·
Registered
554 Posts
Thank you both!

It's and arrowhead for the rear top fender bolt that normally holds the back seat. They were originally designed by a guy named Dave T. Pilot and were very popular, but he suddenly disappeared from the scene. No one know exactly what happened.

Now Jamison Customs has taken the idea and made a very similar product.

Here's the link to check them out...

Here is a picture :

·
Registered
407 Posts
I'd like to contribute to this....I am Jamison's Customs. Started out wanting to sell Arrowhead Seat Bolt Covers for Indians (111's and Scouts) ala DaveTPilot's original designs. My first designs were done with molded epoxy resin castings. While they looked nice, were light-weight, they ended up as an expensive lesson as they softened in any type of appreciable heat. So then decided to go all in and closed up shop for a couple of weeks while I retooled, redesigned product. I ended up with a pretty nice Pewter version. Up to this point I had 7 customers so I replaced all of their epoxy resin arrowhead castings with Pewter for no charge, no questions asked.

The new arrowheads are made by pouring melted lead-free Pewter into a high-heat 2 part mold, then I finish them with grinding, sanding and polishing. Each arrowhead has been drilled three times, once with a countersink drill, once with a spade bit (for shoulder above counter-sunk hole) and once with a drill bit for bolt. I then use a black oxide metric flat head cap screw to attach arrowhead in place of your seat bolt. Then on top of the cap screw inside of the arrowhead, I mount a neodymium magnet. Then I mount a pin with a washer attached to the back to complete the piece. Its an involved process but I enjoy it and I have the time to dedicate. I am also offering other products as ideas hit me, such as a redo of the Indian dipstick removal tool. I re-did it in Pewter but adding reinforcement to the inner lips, to act as a bottle opener as well. I am currently working on horn cover emblems done with a cold metal resin casting and in Pewter or other metals as I progress. These will be high heat tolerant Indian head "coin" designs.

So in a nutshell that is who "Jamison's Customs" is and what I offer. Just another Indian Chieftain owner and rider, learning, churning and earning. Any questions, please PM me and will be glad to answer.

Admins - not advertising, just explaining who and what, if not allowed, please remove post.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I look forward to seeing what you come up with. Especially what you develop for the horn and air cleaner covers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts