Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I get either Vance and Hines or Bassani slip ons do you have to reflash, as you do with stage 1??? Can anyone who has put on either aftermarket slip-ons let me know if they come with a flash card? Thinking of going with Bassani's, my Dealer service said it would not affect warranty. Any Help

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just installed CFR's Bike is running great slight increase in MPG- I didn't re-flash- Dealer says I should to makes sure there are no warranty issues if needed again just m2c

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,817 Posts
You will need to reflash the ECM with the stage 1 program. There is no "card" per say. The extra breathing your engine will get will lean out the fuel ratio and these bikes are set up on the lean side already. The only other way to change the fuel ratio is to put a programer on it and upload a map. It would be the same thing if you change out the factory stock intake filter assy. Dean E

·
Registered
1 Posts
You will need to reflash the ECM with the stage 1 program. There is no "card" per say. The extra breathing your engine will get will lean out the fuel ratio and these bikes are set up on the lean side already. The only other way to change the fuel ratio is to put a programer on it and upload a map. It would be the same thing if you change out the factory stock intake filter assy. Dean E
tts will have a tuner out by the end of 2015, i used the tts mastertuner on my last 3 harleys with great results.it is an interface that is only installed to remap the ecm and doesnt add any wires or gizmos to the bike

·
Registered
148 Posts
I just installed CFR's Bike is running great slight increase in MPG- I didn't re-flash- Dealer says I should to makes sure there are no warranty issues if needed again just m2c
So CFR started making pipes for indian? I contacted them last month and they said they would be ready sometime in late Jan. How do they sound?

·
Registered
339 Posts
So CFR started making pipes for indian? I contacted them last month and they said they would be ready sometime in late Jan. How do they sound?
CFR Pipes are perfect to me. I'd give them about a 6 on sound scale of 1-10. Very low growl, and not too loud to wake the dead. My dealer did the flash for no charge since I bought the pipes, and they were running a free install special as well. You might want to ask them to install and flash free.

·
Registered
339 Posts
CFR Pipes are perfect to me. I'd give them about a 6 on sound scale of 1-10. Very low growl, and not too loud to wake the dead. My dealer did the flash for no charge since I bought the pipes, and they were running a free install special as well. You might want to ask them to install and flash free.
One more note, they are just available for Chief as far as I know. Don't have the Chieftain or RM brackets ready yet.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Does anyone have lloydz exhaust without the baffles, I seen two youtube video's and they sound good. I am just wondering what the quality of the pipes. I had bassani on my last bike and wasn't impressed with the end caps.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was having heated grips installed friday on my Chieftain, they had a set of Rush Big Louie's installed on a Roadmaster so I took a short sound clip, gotta said they sounded pretty wicked and have about 20 different tips you can put on them.

Rush Big Louie sound clip

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I put the new S&S air cleaner on and it was reflashed to stage one for pipes and ac. You get a real air sucking sound as you push the bike through 2500 rpm. I have not touched pipes yet. They sound ok but was concerned about back pressure but dealer said it was fine. There is little back pressure from cats.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
The reasons that I have Stage One pipes and the Indian Big Sucker AC on my Chieftain are that the pipes are not too loud, but do give a nice low rumble when I "get on it", plus I am getting better performance overall and I can still hear the music from my 4 speakers without distortion.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I guess it's OK to post a link to my website, now that I'm officially a supporting vendor ;)

I use and recommend Dobeck EJK fuel managers: Xchoppers.com - Dobeck Perf. EJK GEN 3 - 2015 Indian Scout - I will add fuel managers for other Indian models shortly.

I prefer adding a fuel manager over re-flashing the ECU because it allows fine tuning for different modifications made, either presently or in the future such as different exhausts or air filters, etc.

Thanks,
Grant Merritt
Xchoppers.com
phone : 209-833-6174
Monday thru Thursday, 10AM to 3PM
Pacific time zone (Calif.) (except holidays).

·
Registered
760 Posts
I put the new S&S air cleaner on and it was reflashed to stage one for pipes and ac. You get a real air sucking sound as you push the bike through 2500 rpm. I have not touched pipes yet. They sound ok but was concerned about back pressure but dealer said it was fine. There is little back pressure from cats.
Usually the main reason people change their pipes is to make them louder, hopefully with a low pitch tone. Sounds to me like you have achieved the ideal sound level for yourself. I personally own bikes some of my friends think are a bit too quiet. It all depends on what you like. Fortunately for me, I like different pipes on different motorcycles. Some loud, some not so loud (but I want to be able to hear all of them). I'm not ready yet for E bikes... o_O

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
This morning I picked up my Chieftain from Gear Driven Performance of Mauston, WI. I had Freedom Works slip on pipes, Power Commander ignition and the Indian Big Sucker AC installed. They flashed everything so it is all working together like it should. 60 miles ride home, everything Is good. Definitely more pull through the gears up to about 90 mph. If I was racing me on my bike last week with me on my bike today, my bike today would have been several bike lengths ahead of stock, not even really close. As for the sound, it is very nice! Not so much as a ping or a pop and the volume let itself be known. All together it was kind of pricey, but for my money it was worth it.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
If I get either Vance and Hines or Bassani slip ons do you have to reflash, as you do with stage 1??? Can anyone who has put on either aftermarket slip-ons let me know if they come with a flash card? Thinking of going with Bassani's, my Dealer service said it would not affect warranty. Any Help
Was at the dealer today and heard a RM with V&H turn downs. Really wish I had waited and not got the stage ones. They have a nice growl to them without being annoying

·
Registered
32 Posts
Freedom Performance has at least 5 slip on exhaust systems to choice from, not including the true duals with headers. I'm getting the true duals with the shark fins. IMO they sound the best of all the pipes I've heard so far. They are a bit pricey, but they also make 111 thunder stroke engine sound great [woot][woot][woot]:)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts