Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a open face Indian helmet from a buddy of mine. It was a X-large and was to big for my 23 1/4" head. I order a J-Cruise and ordered it in large. Boy, it feels good but it is tight on my head. Will it loosen up some as I wear it? It is a hell of a helmet! I got it in yellow hoping I would be seen better.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
It should fit snug (not tight). You should be able to put it on and physically twist the helmet side to side without it moving and your head not... it will break in after some wearing.. if it is still a bit snug in the cheeks, check the cheek pad size and contact SHOEI for the next size down...
‘Mark

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
It will loosen up a little. You can change out the cheek pads for smaller ones, but if the helmet is too small, then it will likely be uncomfortable. If you ordered the helmet from Revzilla, they have a return policy for helmets, as long as you have not worn it on a ride.

·
Registered
382 Posts
After wearing it around the house for an hour, does it give you a headache or discomfort? You should not be able to easily stick your finger between your cheek and the cheek pads.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it is the right size. If it loosen up just a little it will be just right. I will get the smaller side inserts if not.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I also have the J-Cruise and it’s a great choice for a quality 3/4 helmet... it will loosen up just a little and you’ll be extremely comfortable.. I would certainly buy this helmet again.... Safe riding.... -JR

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is already feeling better! I think it is going to be a great helmet. I just ordered a Shoie full face helmet in yellow. Can a man have to many helmets? Lol

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Boy, I am loving my J-Cruise helmet. It is getting to be real comfortable after wear it some and I love where you can pull the face shield up at red lights and intersections.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I bought a open face Indian helmet from a buddy of mine. It was a X-large and was to big for my 23 1/4" head. I order a J-Cruise and ordered it in large. Boy, it feels good but it is tight on my head. Will it loosen up some as I wear it? It is a hell of a helmet! I got it in yellow hoping I would be seen better.
Mine doesn't. SHOEI offers top notch quality. With my streets (Ducati 998sFE) I only used ARAI Helmets, then started with BELLs Custom 500 Carbon, which was pretty good - Scorpion open face was next, you can forget this brand, mostly for the ratchet and now I bought for my Chieftain the SHOEI JO: never had any helmet that fitted 100% perfect from the first moment on. First ride was about 250 mls, not the slightest headache, no itching, nothing, just perfect fit. I wear it now for about 1.500 mls and still the same. And no, it didn't shrink a bit.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
rmw700. I may try the 31MM check pads. I tried on a full face Shoie 1200 and I am going to buy one. I know on it I am going to have to have the 31MM check pads.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I would just take the time to wear it and break it in. I feel what will happen is if you buy the smaller cheek pads, it may not be snug.

This is assuming it’s somewhere between snug and tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
228 Posts
Put your head in the freezer for a while and that should help your tightness issues and put your helmet in the oven as well :D. In all sincereness I have many helmets and some just are not comfortable and after a hour of riding you know. Good luck and I have a Shoei Neotech 2 which is the best helmet I have ever owned.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts