Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They did a nice job. Seat looks good. Add any gel, foam or extra anything to add comfort ?
Yes, just enough to add the cross ribbing.
Never had any real issue, but now it's really comfortable.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Wow, that's beautiful! Just to confirm its the 1920 solo seat they started with, right?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, that's beautiful! Just to confirm its the 1920 solo seat they started with, right?

No, not the 1920 seat.
I had the original (stock) seat reupholstered.

·
Registered
93 Posts
MOMZ, after looking everywhere for a new seat, nobody has them in stock, I took a page from your book. Stopped at a local upholster. Asked a few questions back & forth, left my seat, the gentleman gave me a piece of foam for the trip home. 24 hrs, later nicely redone seat with 1'' of good foam all around. PLUS, my cash stayed local! Will load pics. if I ever figure out how. Paul

·
Registered
103 Posts
I fancy a different seat on my scout but the cost of them is frightening! If I go to a local apulstery shop does anyone know what is the best material to change the standard padding to?

·
Registered
437 Posts
I fancy a different seat on my scout but the cost of them is frightening! If I go to a local apulstery shop does anyone know what is the best material to change the standard padding to?
Corbin has some good videos out that show how they do theirs and what they use. I’m sure other brands have videos as well. I went with a Corbin Brave and it was expensive , but worth every penny . My rear end and back says thank you every time I ride longer than 45 minutes straight .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Rider
1,167 Posts
Good looking seat. May I ask what it set you back for the re-upholstery?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have just had the pillion seat re-padded. £100. Hopefully we'll get out this weekend so the wife can try it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Approximately $100.
Had to supply the after work beer.
Nice! I've been checking around my area for reupholstering motorcycle seats and seeing varied ranges, but $300 is the least I had seen. I think you got a great deal there.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I got a basic job done for $275, much better then stock. 1" more of good foam, huge difference, 24 hr turnaround.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts