Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

New seat time

1602 Views 20 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  Roony
So I've narrowed it down to either the Mustang or the Ultimate seat for my 21' challenger. I'd really like to hear from those out there that have these seats. I'm 6'2" and 240lbs so someone in my size would be nice to determine whether or not to get the "tall boy" from Ultimate. Mustang doesn't seem to offer any choices.

Thanks in advance for your responses.
Reactions: Sakonige Ditlihi
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Premium Member
2016 Indian Roadmaster
985 Posts
Can’t speak to the Ultimate seat for a Challenger specifically but I’ve had an Ultimate Tall Boy seat on my Roadmaster for 5 years and it’s absolutely the best money I’ve ever spent on my bike. It’s a shame that Polaris puts such crappy seats on their bikes (especially when you spend top dollar to buy the bike).

· Registered
750 Posts
I have three bikes and three Ultimate Seats. A Challenger, RM and Goldwing. That should tell you something. I did have a Mustang seat on a Can Am Spyder I used to own, but still prefer the Ultimate. The only consideration is to use a rain cover in the rain.

· Registered
230 Posts
Get the Mustang, I'm 5' 11'' 250 lbs it sets you back about a inch and is very comfortable, my buddy is 6' 3'' and he sat on it and he fells great on it and fits him perfect compared to the stock seat

· Registered
217 Posts
I cut the cheap foam out of my seat after peeling back the leather cover and replaced it with 3/8" gel pad & 1/2" memory foam. Made the seat comfortable as any high priced aftermarket seat and cost less than a $100. Both my original Chief seat and the RM seat I added later. Upholstery classes came in handy, too.

· Registered
24 Posts
So I've narrowed it down to either the Mustang or the Ultimate seat for my 21' challenger. I'd really like to hear from those out there that have these seats. I'm 6'2" and 240lbs so someone in my size would be nice to determine whether or not to get the "tall boy" from Ultimate. Mustang doesn't seem to offer any choices.

I also have a Big Boy Ultimate on my 2020 Springfield.
Great ride, the upside to Ultimate, they offer a "14 day trial period " !! No other manufacture offers that option that I'm aware of........
NOT putting down any other brand, since I've owned Cordin and Mustang of other bikes.

· Registered
460 Posts
I've never ridden on a Lamm Seat but I've met several people that have his seats and they love it, and the price is very affordable.

I have an Ultimate tall boy with 100K miles on the saddle. It is still as comfortable as day one, however I do not like the FOB remote control for the heated seat. I bought a sheepskin seat cover and never use the seat heater.

· Registered
382 Posts

If you decide on the Ultimate, definitely get the tall boy. the Mustang already pushes you back some. Look for my write up on here, it reviews all of them.

· Registered
5 Posts

I’m 6’1 and 245lbs and the Ultimate Tall Boy is the right seat for me. I’ve purchased three of them (Vintage, Chieftain and Challenger) and they have all been great. I rode the Chieftain with the Ultimate seat on a 48 state / 10 day ride several years ago and it remained comfortable throughout the ordeal.

I purchased the heated Challenger seat and it has worked out well. I only have two issues with it, both of which I have found a solution 1) the seat looks bulky on the bike, especially the passenger portion. I ordered a suicide choppers passenger rest and and rack and it makes the bike flow again. 2) the heat option is only off and on with no regulation, so I cycle it off and on during cold rides so I don’t burn my ass.

· Bronze member
1,736 Posts
I’m 6’1 and 245lbs and the Ultimate Tall Boy is the right seat for me. I’ve purchased three of them (Vintage, Chieftain and Challenger) and they have all been great. I rode the Chieftain with the Ultimate seat on a 48 state / 10 day ride several years ago and it remained comfortable throughout the ordeal.

I purchased the heated Challenger seat and it has worked out well. I only have two issues with it, both of which I have found a solution 1) the seat looks bulky on the bike, especially the passenger portion. I ordered a suicide choppers passenger rest and and rack and it makes the bike flow again. 2) the heat option is only off and on with no regulation, so I cycle it off and on during cold rides so I don’t burn my ass.
.........or your bean bag...........;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts