Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
The work they performed is mandated by law to be warranted by the dealer. If a certified mechanic performs work, they have to warrant it. All dealerships (that sell new vehicles) have to warrant their work. Now, the manufacturer is ALSO responsible because it was obviously leaking before service, and is obviously a manufacturing defect if the dealer service could not fix it. It baffles me that they are trying to charge a customer for this. It is unethical. They should be pushing a claim through polaris to replace the defective engine parts.
I’ll call and find out next week. I don’t want to ride an hour to the other Indian dealership since I’m still new and they probably would want to keep the bike overnight. I’ll check back in with an update on Tuesday.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Yeah. It’s a small Indian motorcycle dealer. If they can’t fix it or try to charge me. I’ll try the bigger Indian dealership a couple of cities over. About an hour away. Im going to try to see where the oil is leaking from first before I give them a call.
Don't work on it while under warranty they see ani different they can blame that on you. Keep all paperwork when you bring it in etc. Good luck I forgot that washer on an oil change once but it never leaked so I waited until next monthoil change to uchange it

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Update. I cleaned the area last weekend. This is from a short ride. I’ll try to ride it more to see if a drop will develop.
Material property Auto part Wood Close-up Composite material

I’ll give them a call on Tuesday.

·
Registered
82 Posts
1st thought, maybe a bad gasket (Washer), 2nd thought: You're an hour away man, have them come get the bike, they've done it for me. An hour each way- I would insist they get it. Even if you have to tell them it's leaked quite a bit and you don't have the proper oil, and you don't want to ride it. I would insist this dealer totally handle this with their effort. If business is slow, they should be going overboard to support the sales they've already made.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
1st thought, maybe a bad gasket (Washer), 2nd thought: You're an hour away man, have them come get the bike, they've done it for me. An hour each way- I would insist they get it. Even if you have to tell them it's leaked quite a bit and you don't have the proper oil, and you don't want to ride it. I would insist this dealer totally handle this with their effort. If business is slow, they should be going overboard to support the sales they've already made.
There’s one close by. The other two dealerships are an hour away. I’ll call the close one on Tuesday. It was leaking before the 500 mile maintenance. After maintenance, it is still leaking.

·
Registered
82 Posts
There’s one close by. The other two dealerships are an hour away. I’ll call the close one on Tuesday. It was leaking before the 500 mile maintenance. After maintenance, it is still leaking.
Oh okay. Just looking out for you One Man, just my 2c. Good luck and please let us inquiring minds know what the fix was. :D

21 - 28 of 28 Posts