Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I'm new to the forum and just got my first Indian. I got it at an auction and it runs great from what I've seen. I just need to know what I'll need to make it rideable. I'm assuming just the rear fender and seat! But let me know if there's any extra expenses I'll need to look out for!

·
Bronze member
2,689 Posts
You are ready/set to create a Scout 60 Bobber !

Reactions: Kcruz

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,088 Posts
I think there is a subframe needed to attach the seat & rear fender, That can be either a Bobber subframe or a standard subframe depending upon which look you want Bobber or standard Scout appearance.

·
Rider
756 Posts
Hey guys! I'm new to the forum and just got my first Indian. I got it at an auction and it runs great from what I've seen. I just need to know what I'll need to make it rideable. I'm assuming just the rear fender and seat! But let me know if there's any extra expenses I'll need to look out for!
View attachment 574865 View attachment 574867
If you don’t mind me asking,, what did you pay for it at auction, I’d love a project like that,, go bobber or Cruiser scout. For me,,I’d put a fender assembly, seat , tires and ride it,,,, go for it. Change it as you go. Ride it and go from there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think there is a subframe needed to attach the seat & rear fender, That can be either a Bobber subframe or a standard subframe depending upon which look you want Bobber or standard Scout appearance.
Ya I figured a subframe was needed! I'll probably go for the bobber look since it's half way there haha

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you don’t mind me asking,, what did you pay for it at auction, I’d love a project like that,, go bobber or Cruiser scout. For me,,I’d put a fender assembly, seat , tires and ride it,,,, go for it. Change it as you go. Ride it and go from there.
Around 4k! They're kind of hard to find, especially in this condition...I got lucky sifting through all the harleys lol

Ya I'll definitely get it up and running then see what I want to change.

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
If you go for the stock seat you will need the mounting buttons that it sits on.
If you go for the 1920 solo seat you won't need the buttons but you will need the cover plate that goes over the battery enclosure.
And if you go for the Bobber fender you will need the battery cover plate for the Bobber, which is different from the one that fits the stock fender.

You might also like to check out a sprung seat, which will ease the ride from the short travel rear suspension a little. Mother Roads Customs is probably the main brand, but there are others.

You will need to go carefully over the parts diagrams as there are some small parts that are not included as a package with a larger assembly. For instance, the battery cover plate needs a little mounting bracket on the fender, it might be a separate part.

You might find much of what you need here on the forum, but take notice of the buyer beware threads. If you advertise that you are looking for something you are likely to get direct messages from scammers, typically saying, 'My friend has that thing, email him on ...... etc.' Don't bother replying, but notify the mods.

I had a 2016 Scout 60 and it was a great bike. Have fun with the re-build.
The 60 has a different tune (less top end performance) from the bigger Scout and a PV3 tuner will get the most out of it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you go for the stock seat you will need the mounting buttons that it sits on.
If you go for the 1920 solo seat you won't need the buttons but you will need the cover plate that goes over the battery enclosure.
And if you go for the Bobber fender you will need the battery cover plate for the Bobber, which is different from the one that fits the stock fender.

You might also like to check out a sprung seat, which will ease the ride from the short travel rear suspension a little. Mother Roads Customs is probably the main brand, but there are others.

You will need to go carefully over the parts diagrams as there are some small parts that are not included as a package with a larger assembly. For instance, the battery cover plate needs a little mounting bracket on the fender, it might be a separate part.

You might find much of what you need here on the forum, but take notice of the buyer beware threads. If you advertise that you are looking for something you are likely to get direct messages from scammers, typically saying, 'My friend has that thing, email him on ...... etc.' Don't bother replying, but notify the mods.

I had a 2016 Scout 60 and it was a great bike. Have fun with the re-build.
The 60 has a different tune (less top end performance) from the bigger Scout and a PV3 tuner will get the most out of it.
Thanks! That helps a lot!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Haha, I saw this Scout on Copart! Great way to start building cool bobber!

Reactions: Kcruz
1 - 11 of 11 Posts