Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Administrator
16,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
16. To prevent fraudulent sales, members are not allowed to sell items until they have been a member for thirty days and have made 20 posts on a variety of topics. If offering an item for sale, members are required to post a photo of the item(s) so that potential buyers can assess the condition of these items. New members may not refer members to non-members for purchases.

—————————————————-
Here’s a link to the full set of rules:

·
Administrator
16,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Members are being contacted via PM for illicit sales. If you get a private message from somebody who is offering items for sale, do not respond. Immediately hit the “report” button for their post and notify moderators. We will take action.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Being a member that was taken by one of these scammers I have a suggestion to further thwart these scammers and protect our members that you might want to add to this sticky.
Do not pay for any purchases unless being made utilizing a credit card.
Even if using PayPal as their buyers protection is not guaranteed to get your money's back in cases of frauds.
By using a credit card you have the protection of disputing the charge and being made whole.

Because I did this in my case I was able to recoup my money.

·
Registered
423 Posts
this is a great idea. I just reported a few people that where not banned yet that did just that when I posted wtb in the buy/sell section. I simply put scammer in the report.

·
Administrator
16,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Whatever you do, if you use PayPal, DO NOT use Friends and Family...

you won't be protected...
And we just had somebody last week who was scammed in exactly that way.

·
Administrator
16,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
this is a great idea. I just reported a few people that where not banned yet that did just that when I posted wtb in the buy/sell section. I simply put scammer in the report.
And they have been taken care of (bye-bye).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Good deal...I just joined the forum....looking forward to seeing everyone's content!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great advice from everyone, thanks Hink for posting the rules. I've been a reader and not much of a poster. I will have to start posting as I want to sell my OEM Chieftain seat.

·
Registered
627 Posts
So my wanted ad got pulled, here's the explanation:
"Your thread Wanted: tan Indian OEM leather trunk from Roadmaster Classic was deleted. Reason: Review Rule 16. Future violations will result in your ban from forum"

I just read Rule #16:
"16. To prevent fraudulent sales, members are not allowed to sell items until they have been a member for thirty days and have made 20 posts on a variety of topics. If offering an item for sale, members are required to post a photo of the item(s) so that potential buyers can assess the condition of these items. New members may not refer members to non-members for purchases."

I don't see where my listing violated anything in Rule #16. Looks like I'm on thin ice and will get banned if I ever commit another heinous crime like that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Seems reasonable. I've been a member for quite some time; don't post much. But I will start throwing a comment here and there, so when the day comes that I would like to sell something, I will be able to without issue. Appreciate all you guys putting this forum together. Pretty awesome!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts