Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I traded my HD in on a new Indian Roadmaster. In the process of prepping and adding a drivers backrest one of the service guys ran a screw threw some wiring and caused a short. Needless to say the bike is still at the dealers while they sort out just how much damage done and replaced all that need to be replaced. Not a very auspicious start to my Indian experience.

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Sorry to hear that... I would make sure that I got close to the service department guys to know everything that transpires with the bike. The electronics on these can be troublesome and I would want to know if it just blew a fuse or if something more involved happened during that incident. I would expect a red-carpet treatment from them regardless.

·
Super Moderator
9,246 Posts
Welcome and sorry you got off to a rough start — sounds like you’ve at least got a headzup about one service tech. Most of the service guys I’ve worked with have been pretty good, if that’s any consolation. Don’t let this one bad experience set a bad tone for the rest of your Indian ownership.

·
Bronze member
1,932 Posts
Can happen at any dealership...I bought a new BMW vehicle and had to have the entire dash replaced. Things happen.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They called this morning and let me know they replaced the wire harness that was damaged and the fuse. Their head guy put it through a full diagnostic check and got no faults or issues. They are even going to deliver. I will be looking it over very carefully.
Thanks guys

·
Registered
48 Posts
So, first the owned up and told you their error straight up, then they did their damdest to make it right. Sounds like a good dealer.

They called this morning and let me know they replaced the wire harness that was damaged and the fuse. Their head guy put it through a full diagnostic check and got no faults or issues. They are even going to deliver. I will be looking it over very carefully.
Thanks guys

·
Bronze member
2,126 Posts
Welcome by the time your first days ride is over you’ll have forgotten about it. Enjoy it and move on miles and smiles !

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Yesterday I traded my HD in on a new Indian Roadmaster. In the process of prepping and adding a drivers backrest one of the service guys ran a screw threw some wiring and caused a short. Needless to say the bike is still at the dealers while they sort out just how much damage done and replaced all that need to be replaced. Not a very auspicious start to my Indian experience.
I hope they fix it asap as you will love the bike, all my mates that had Harley`s that have change to the Indian love them and say they are far more comfy and wished they changed a long time before they did.
I hope you have many enjoyable rides and memories with the new bike ,even after a rough start. Welcome to the forum and the Brand.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts