Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd let everyone know about the new climacontrol heated and cooled seat Indian just released on Monday. They haven't added it the website yet but its available for order at the dealership.

Enjoy!

PS. Sorry for the crappy pic.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
2,233 Posts
What's the difference in the seat between the $1200 version and the $1600 one?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ill be the negative nancy here and proclaim, with complete ignorance mind you, that the thermoelectric cooling function will suck.
I went down the thermoelectric/ peltier cooler rabbit hole with car seats and some motorcycle seats in the past.

its a gimmick. it may be 'chilly' for a few moments, but the heat load of your butt + the rear cylinder is too much for any reasonable thermoelectric/ peltier watt draw.
plus the heat it (the peltier) has to go some where?

GM cadillac did it for a short while, it consumed more juice that the Heated seats. The car manufacturers discovered that having ambient air flow is MUCH simpler for a cooling effect.

If I had bazillions of dollars Id have a Russell day long seat that mated with a bobber spring seat. something wide, comphy, and an air gap to circulate fresh air under your heiny.
my 2 cts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts