Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how is the new seat on the road master, am thinking about getting one for my chieftian?

·
Registered
113 Posts
It is very nice, a definite improvement over my 06' HD Ultra CVO. Even my wife liked it too as a passenger and I was glad to hear that!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Roadmaster is the first bike that I feel that I do not need to purchase an aftermarket seat. It is great and my wife likes it a lot as well. Had a Mustang seat on Harley that I traded in and the factory Roadmaster is better that the Mustang.

·
Registered
148 Posts
My wife can put in about 85-90 miles on a normal ride before her tailbone starts aching. As soon as her cheeks hit the seat on our Roadmaster demo, over my shoulder I hear "Oh this works". GREAT seat.

·
Founding member
991 Posts
I'm a big fan of Mustang seats Ballgame, if that Roadmaster seat is better then a Mustang, I need to try it out. I can tell you the seat on my Vintage while not terrible, is no Mustang.

·
Registered
355 Posts
After putting 3000 miles on my RM over these last few days, I am thinking about having Russell Day-Long rebuild my seat as it doesn't have nearly enough support/cushioning.

·
I want to go fast.
1,268 Posts
I wouldn't say my RM seat is better than my Mustang touring saddle was, but I'd say it's real close. My wife is enjoying the pillion.

·
Registered
809 Posts
The seat is the main reason we took a bath (or took it, well... you know) on our '14 Vision Tour to move to the Roadmaster. It's the best factory seat available, even over the infamous Honda Goldwing.

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
how is the new seat on the road master, am thinking about getting one for my chieftian?
I just bought a 17 (I think they are a little different than the 15?). I love mine. Cushy without being mushy. I have cronic low back pain and so far so good.
Btw, mine is black with white cross stitch. I like the tan as well but not on the color I chose.

·
Bronze member
2,049 Posts
Too soft for my tastes but I'm 6'4" 250 lbs. It may be fine for a smaller/lighter rider. My wife does like the rear section just fine.

I may be getting a Corbin and the I'd be willing to sell my 2016 black with only 9K on it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Too soft for my tastes but I'm 6'4" 250 lbs. It may be fine for a smaller/lighter rider. My wife does like the rear section just fine.

I may be getting a Corbin and the I'd be willing to sell my 2016 black with only 9K on it.
any idea on the price you might want for it ?? thanks Mike

·
Bronze member
2,049 Posts
any idea on the price you might want for it ?? thanks Mike
Can you give me a week or so? I have some carpal tunnel surgery coming up this week and I have to get some stuff done ahead of time. I have to get an idea on Corbin's turn around time from my dealer before I pull the trigger on selling mine.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Can you give me a week or so? I have some carpal tunnel surgery coming up this week and I have to get some stuff done ahead of time. I have to get an idea on Corbin's turn around time from my dealer before I pull the trigger on selling mine.
No problem, good luck with the operation, I have lots of time, just let me know when you ready, don't rush on my account. Take time and let it heal spring is on the way......hopefully. lol. Thanks Mike

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
I've got 13,500 miles on my RM and am truly disappointed in the seat. I did a 325 mile ride before Christmas and stopped half way through the ride to put the gel seat pad on. Too late, paid the price for a few days and didn't ride for 2 weeks because of the seat. I'm looking at Corbin but swaying heavily to the Ultimate Tall Boy. I had one previously on another bike and could do 10 hours nonstop in comfort!

Reactions: TN Firefighter

·
Registered
156 Posts
I would love to get a ultimate but the bank (wife) would have a heart attack if I bought one right now, can't have that she loves to ride. Hahaha. If I don't like the tour seat I can sell it. I don't mind the chieftain seat but the bank would like just a little more. Like I haven't heard that before. Lol. Mike

·
Read Only
6,804 Posts
must be an epidemic, I just had carpal tunnel surgery last December. The healing is slow, but I've had no numbness or tingling since, and I'm not dropping things unintentionally. Heal fast.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just bought a 2017 roadmaster with heated seat. I put on he indian 2 inch back seat when I bought it and am looking to sell the stock seat that has never been used. It the tan one if you are interested let me know

1 - 20 of 44 Posts