Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s your favorite replacement seat on a roadmaster ? My butt was hurting after an hour of riding . I had an ultimate seat on a previous bike which was great but it’s expensive . I’d like to
Hear about alternatives .

·
Rider
1,162 Posts
Your gonna have to pony up brother none of them are cheap. You can try a seat mod and for the life of me I can’t remember the companies name that does it. That is the cheapest and decent looking way to do it. I did a lot of researching and went the Ultimate Tall Boy seat. I was fortunate and found one on eBay so I could use PayPal and I am glad I did very comfortable.

·
Bronze member
2,071 Posts
After an hour on my RM I would get hot spots on my rearend. I started using an Airhawk and it fixed my problem. Rather than spending $1k plus on a new seat, this was a $100 fix.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I too suffered on my RM seat after short rides so I bought an Ultimate Tall Boy seat and backrest. Best money spent on the bike to date! Now I can do a 9 hour day without any soreness or discomfort.

Ultimate seats

·
Silver member
3,481 Posts
Your gonna have to pony up brother none of them are cheap. You can try a seat mod and for the life of me I can’t remember the companies name that does it. That is the cheapest and decent looking way to do it. I did a lot of researching and went the Ultimate Tall Boy seat. I was fortunate and found one on eBay so I could use PayPal and I am glad I did very comfortable.
Mean City link below..... I've never used their services butt they have a good reputation, at least on the Harley forums :cool: . I have a bud that had a seat redone by MeanCity and he says his seat is much more comfy.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Mean City link below..... I've never used their services butt they have a good reputation, at least on the Harley forums :cool: . I have a bud that had a seat redone by MeanCity and he says his seat is much more comfy.

Thanks Willy that’s who I was trying to recommend.
I'm going to save you some time and trouble: Mean City Cycles will not do mods on the Roadmaster seat due to how the heater is constructed into the seat. They were the first ones that I called when I started looking for a new seat.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Here is my seat saga for my 15 Roadmaster
hopefully no one will make the same costly mistake I made.

I tried to go by the way of having my seat reupholster with Astech seat,
Seat came back, closer and lower than I wanted, not to my rear ends satisfaction.

I just pulled the trigger on a Indian extended reach Used
Sometimes being penny wise and dollar foolish bites you in the Ass

I will post my thoughts on the extended reach seat

Installed the Indian extended reach seat. WOW what a difference between my OEM seat and this one.

·
Rider
546 Posts
What’s your favorite replacement seat on a roadmaster ? My butt was hurting after an hour of riding . I had an ultimate seat on a previous bike which was great but it’s expensive . I’d like to
Hear about alternatives .
Find a local upholstery shop that knows how to rebuild bike saddles and have them customize the seat to you....will probably be less expensive than an aftermarket saddle and fit you much better.

·
Super Moderator
10,522 Posts
+1 on the Airhawk. Best $100 I’ve spent.

That said, I too also went with a local company (Bitchin Stitchin) here in the Denver area. They replaced the top and sides with some stellar material used by fighter pilots (and those guys are locked in their seats for all-day / night missions). They also made it an inch or so wider and a bit taller for the small of your back — all essential for giving support while relieving pressure on the nerves that cause the pain.

And all of your heating stuff is left intact. That plus the Airhawk and it’s perfect. Most recently last summer Julie and I rolled for 23hrs on one of our riding days..

·
Super Moderator
10,522 Posts
I had Russell Daylong on my last bike and it was well worth the investment — although I used an Airhawk on top of it, too ( no fat on my ass and upper hamstring injuries on both sides from 35 years of running).

·
Bronze member
1,733 Posts
I cannot recommend the Corbin Dual Tour highly enough. Once broken in, it is a mileage buster. I've put Corbin's on all my HD's and all of my Indians. Lot's of customization options. Good luck.

·
Bronze member
1,523 Posts
I cannot recommend the Corbin Dual Tour highly enough. Once broken in, it is a mileage buster. I've put Corbin's on all my HD's and all of my Indians. Lot's of customization options. Good luck.
Ditto on the Corbin. I stopped experimenting with different seats several bikes ago and always went with Corbin.
When I got my Roadmaster I started experimenting again and guess what? I ended up with another Corbin.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Getting bike ready for sturgis. Going to ride the 1300 miles to get there and back. I'm on a 2020 RMDH, came with rouge extended reach. Has been good on 3-4 hour rides so far. Always room for improvement though.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I found a great deal on an Ultimate Seat and waiting for it to arrive. I got one off Ebay from someone who hardly used it so looking forward to a new ride experience.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts