Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLO ALL!!!

I recently purchased my very first Indian Scout Sixty and loving every ride!
I sat down with Santa Claus and gave him my wish list. lol

*Hi output grenades from vance and hines
*Warbonnet screaming scout
*Power vision cx

As a novice motorcyclist I wanted to know if I'm missing anything from my wish list or any recommendations?

Thanks.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Sounds good to me. I would put some miles on it before switching handlebars or seat. You might have a better idea of your ergonomic needs. Glad you are having a good time.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Good on You ~ Welcome to the tribe!! :D

Joe ~ :cool:

·
Bronze member
1,841 Posts
Welcome. Put some miles on the bike before making changes. If those are palm trees I see in the background of your picture, then you should have plenty of riding days ahead.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sure thing Steve. I wish those were palm trees. They're actually normal native Tennessee trees. I rode today and yesterday it was a fair riding weather. Thank you guys for the welcoming.

·
Registered
94 Posts
HELLO ALL!!!

I recently purchased my very first Indian Scout Sixty and loving every ride!
I sat down with Santa Claus and gave him my wish list. lol

*Hi output grenades from vance and hines
*Warbonnet screaming scout
*Power vision cx

As a novice motorcyclist I wanted to know if I'm missing anything from my wish list or any recommendations?

Thanks.
Ride her for a while before you do any changes. The only other recommendation I can think of at this time is to enroll in a rider safety course if you haven't already. By the way, welcome to the tribe.

·
Bronze Member
2,245 Posts
The only other thing I have done was put an oem war bonnet on the front fender and different black mirrors I found on Amazon.

·
Rider
313 Posts
Personally I'm not fond of the war bonnet on the scout fender. The size is all wrong to me. The proportions on the Chief Fender look much better to me.
But a lot of people like it. Choice is good.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Welcome from UK. The 60 is indeed brilliant fun. I agree with those who suggest waiting before changing things. Most people prefer to change the tires, but not everyone. A lot of people prefer to change the suspension, but not everyone. It depends on so many factors, including your shape and weight and riding style, the type of road surfaces, and the temperatures and rainfall. Enjoy being the best and safest rider you can be and only change the things that will make a difference for you..

·
Administrator
12,780 Posts
Welkommen from the wilds of Colorado! Since I'm on a Roadmaster the only knowledgeable suggestions would be -1- do what everybody says and lay down some miles before making big changes ( holds true for any bike). -2- invest in an Airhawk -- it'll save yer ass and make the longer rides much more fun ( goes on and off in about ten seconds so you can take it off for short rides )

HINK

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome to the tribe. Wish we had more Indians here in Utah. I would say saddle bags, but I'm biased. Nothing beats having space for a ballcap or some lunch. Just need to mount a drink holder for my 44 oz dr. pepper and swap the chrome exhaust for black and I'm set with mine (Kaliska).

·
Registered
668 Posts
Welcome from SW Missouri.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Auckland, New Zealand. The Shakey Isles, haha. Enjoy your bike, they are a real buzz of a machine. Do whatever you want to YOUR ride, but check with Santa first, haha. Regards, Muz.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts