1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,589 Posts
Congrats and welcome from So Cal

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Welcome from Central Florida! There's nothing else like it... I was without a bike for 5 years before I got this last one, and the itch to ride just never goes away... :D

·
Registered
809 Posts
The extreme abridged version:

I was a car guy for years. Switched to do some riding with my dad and haven't looked back. I ride every chance I get and only see myself moving on to a bigger bike in the future - don't know that I'll ever go back to cars.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congratulations!

Where did you you get it?
Got it in Indianapolis at Falcone Powersports -- one of two Indian dealerships in the city. They were really great. It's a new 2018 that they wanted to move to make room for the 2019 models so they gave me a pretty sweet deal. I couldn't be happier.

·
Bronze member
1,156 Posts
Right on man, the 2018 Scout 60 was my first street bike too, a little over a year ago now, love it more every day.

·
Registered
300 Posts
The Scout is the perfect starter bike in my opinion! Great power to grow into but pretty forgiving in the lower rpm's and not intimidating at all! Light and low enough to get your feet down without any issues for most and all this on a pretty bike as well! Good choice! If you feel the need for some Scout accessories let me know. I have some for sale in black.

·
Read Only
244 Posts
Hello from Indianapolis! Bought a 2018 Scout Sixty a couple weeks ago. I've put a couple hundred miles on it and can't wipe the smile off my face the entire time I'm riding. My only regret is that I didn't pull the trigger years ago.
Congratulations! Please heed this advice from someone who has a lifetime of experience,,,,,,,,be extra careful and conservative in your riding and you will live to ride and have fun again tomorrow! New drivers of cars and motorcycles are much more accident prone,,,,,,,,and we all need to concentrate on our driving! I have almost 2 million miles on motorcycles and have to remind myself every week that trouble never comes at you slowly,,,,,,,,,,,because you will eventually be tested one day and it will make you appreciate your caution! I love riding and sense you will too! Larry Swenson

1 - 20 of 24 Posts