Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought a new 2019 Chieftain Limited (thunder black pearl) with 20 miles on it from an Indian dealer and you would have thought they were going out of business for the credits/free stuff we fought over. I know this is part of the "haggling" process but I always wonder afterward if I paid too much compared to other customers. The bike listed for $27,500 but had a $4,000 rebate plus my military discount and returning Indian customer discount and a free oil change kit and heated grips installed for $23,000.03 out the door (not sure what the three cents was for). I am wondering what others in this community are paying for a 2019 Chieftain Limited similar bike? Did I pay too much? Note: not looking for dealer input....

Tim

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just bought a 2019 Chieftain Limited (thunder black pearl) with 20 miles on it from an Indian dealer and you would have thought they were going out of business for the credits/free stuff we fought over. I know this is part of the "haggling" process but I always wonder afterward if I paid too much compared to other customers. The bike listed for $27,900 but had a $4,000 rebate plus my military discount and returning Indian customer discount and a free oil change kit and heated grips installed for $23,000.03 out the door (not sure what the three cents was for). I am wondering what others in this community are paying for a 2019 Chieftain Limited similar bike? Did I pay too much?

Tim
Sound like you got a great deal, question $23k out the door, does that include tax and registration?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes tax’s and othe BS charges were included in that price. Your not a dealer are you?

Tim

·
German Rider
1,676 Posts
Germany is different, but official offer from my dealer :

26.400 € = 28.340 US-$

But all German prices include 19% sales tax, no other fees on top, so that is final price. Without tax it would be :

22.185 € = 23.818 US-$ without taxes.

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Ok, thanks for the info! Maybe this information will take away dealers wiggle room for greater profits (or cause them to raise prices). I just looked on facebook marketplace and found some listed for 19k (before taxes and BS charges) at a dealer in another state. I guess its too late for me but I hope you get a better deal! One more detail......I did not get the extended warranty as that would have added another 1k to the final price.

Tim

Reactions: djibodu

·
Registered
283 Posts
Black 19 Chieftain Limited with military discount for accessories applied to the bike, $19,750 out the door the last couple days of December.

Reactions: BoySCOUT

·
Registered
116 Posts
I was at $19,049.04 before the pay off on the bike I traded in and accessories. After adding Powerband Audio Plus speakers to the front and saddlebags, and sending a check to pay off my Victory I was at $23,036.55

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
283 Posts
Damn, I was robbed! LOL

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Me to......

Tim

·
Bronze member
2,031 Posts
Does anyone wonder why this particular model is has rebates and dealer cash that much greater than other 2019 111 bikes?

·
Registered
350 Posts
I've also seen some big price drops on the chieftain dark horse models and the classic chieftans. Several dealers advertising 21-23k on them even icon colors

·
Registered
408 Posts
IMO: The only way to beat dealer pricing is to pay cash for a couple years older bike with low miles with accessories added. Example: I purchased a clean 2017 chieftain limited with 14” apes, bag audio, high flow air cleaner, Reinhardt exhaust, Corbin seat, klockwerks windshield , LED headlight and fog lamps, with a meager

2750 miles for $14500.00 (Plus $810 for registration, tax and title) I don’t plan on ever buying new-off-the-dealer floor again. Resell on indians is horrible as well as trade in value, plus the hit you take driving away from the dealership. It takes patience to save $$ and to find the “jewels” but they are out there if you look long and far enough.

·
Registered
350 Posts
trade in values on any bike seem to be poor. I love it when the dealer says "I don't care what KBB says we can buy them at auction for 4k under book value everyday"

Last time a salesperson told me that I said "where's the auction, I'll buy one at that price" lol

·
Bronze member
3,411 Posts
Not a dealer but was looking at a chieftain as well I was given 24,166.94 out the door, so I am going to have to haggle some more. Besides congratulations on the new bike !!!!
I'd haggle really hard... or wait a while (most can't ride anyway)… there are going to be some serious deals coming...

Reactions: djibodu

·
Registered
31 Posts
Not a dealer but was looking at a chieftain as well I was given 24,166.94 out the door, so I am going to have to haggle some more
[/QU
Ok, thanks for the info! Maybe this information will take away dealers wiggle room for greater profits (or cause them to raise prices). I just looked on facebook marketplace and found some listed for 19k (before taxes and BS charges) at a dealer in another state. I guess its too late for me but I hope you get a better deal! One more detail......I did not get the extended warranty as that would have added another 1k to the final price.

Tim
Thanks Tim
I'd haggle really hard... or wait a while (most can't ride anyway)… there are going to be some serious deals coming...
I think that's what I am going to do to wait it out unless I get a really aggressive deal

·
Bronze member
2,788 Posts
IMO: The only way to beat dealer pricing is to pay cash for a couple years older bike with low miles with accessories added. Example: I purchased a clean 2017 chieftain limited with 14” apes, bag audio, high flow air cleaner, Reinhardt exhaust, Corbin seat, klockwerks windshield , LED headlight and fog lamps, with a meager

2750 miles for $14500.00 (Plus $810 for registration, tax and title) I don’t plan on ever buying new-off-the-dealer floor again. Resell on indians is horrible as well as trade in value, plus the hit you take driving away from the dealership. It takes patience to save $$ and to find the “jewels” but they are out there if you look long and far enough.

That's a heck of a deal!
Did you purchase from dealer or private party?

Reactions: Icecarver
1 - 20 of 32 Posts