Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a phone call today about a recall on my 2014 Chieftain. Something about the headlights is what I understood. Did anybody else get this phone call?

·
Bronze member
2,282 Posts
VCM/Headlight recall;

Polaris/Indian recall by VIN# search;

Reactions: GreatWhite

·
5 years +
21 Posts
I believe that is Recall Campaign: 19V-339. I received a notice dated Nov 27, 2019. Basically it said Indian is looking into the matter. received second letter dated Nov 13, 2020 advising parts are now available and to make arrangements to have the bike serviced. have appt. for Aug 21. The virus issue and lack of time have been my problem, hence the delay. I was told the corrections take one to one and a half hours. Mine is a 2014 chief classic. The issue is the forward lighting circuit, I too received a call yesterday (2nd call).

·
Founding member
2,213 Posts
I got a call yesterday; however, the recall was completed about a month ago - two recalls done at the same time - and the shop staff only cleared one off the books. I've gotten another notice and now calls from Indian. Time to bug the dealership to complete the paperwork.

·
Bronze member
1,615 Posts
Nevermind. Read the wrong model. There was a separate headlight recall for the 2014 Vintage/Chief.

Reactions: TerryJ
1 - 7 of 7 Posts