Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new Fender delete in and it appears mine is wired backwards. Am i an idiot and missing something or did anyone else have this issue? The male plugs are for turn signals and the female plug is the license led light.
20200125_164412.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 2 male plugs for the turn signals coming off of the NRC plate holder. The stock lights had female plugs coming off of the lights going into the male harness coming from the bike.
20200125_164359.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i just went back and looked and it is. the wires were twisted and i just took a glance at it. That will still leave me with 1 wire unable to be plugged in.

·
Registered
231 Posts
There is a post on the forum that lists several places to buy the connectors. I bought mine from Digikey. If you buy the connectors you can make a gender changer cable. Digikey has them in my hands in two days.

Housing# 02T--JWPF-VSLE-S (455-1166-ND‎)
Pin(male)# SWPT-001T-P025 (455-1320-1-ND‎)

Female
02R-JWPF-VSLE-S (455-1205-ND‎)
SWPR-001T-P025‎ (455-1321-1-ND‎)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
231 Posts
Just got my new Fender delete in and it appears mine is wired backwards.
I looked at their site, the tidy looks pretty good. How do you like it?

It says that it comes with turn signals. I would like to see some close-ups of those.

Can you upload some post-install pictures?

Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just wanted to see if any of you guys have used this relocation kit. I got a different one that is made of plastic and it has cracked and broken after 700 miles. It looks good on their site, just wanted a review from someone that actually has this one on their FTR

·
Registered
1 Posts
I literally just finished putting mine together. Rerouting the harness from the swingarm up through the frame took some finagling. Fishing the wires up from the new turn signals and plate light was a bit of a pain (I used fishing line to pull it through and guide the wires), as was getting the 4th bolt into the mount. Other than that it goes together well with all of the included hardware and the wire bundle tucks nicely behind the taillight under the seat. New Rage has some instructions on their website that get you 90% of the way there.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Mine installed easily. I used the wire harness it came with. No issues. I really like it!
Yeah, maybe 20 minutes start to finish. Rage killed it with the OEM harness and integrated resistors.

It makes me smile every time I look at The Indian's rear end!

I did the Rage360 turn signals at the same time and really like them also.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hello @Ridin_low;
I posted several a while back. Here is a link New Rage Cycles tidy

If you need more let me know!

My goal was to be able to use soft saddlebags for commuting and having the turn signal integrated was the key feature.

I can't recommend New Rage enough. I called them before purchasing and they answered the phone and spent a good 10 minutes answering all my questions. They provide a harness with OEM connectors so it's a simple install.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hello rikosintie,

I know technically not part of the tail tidy post

Question about the NRC 360 front turn signals. Did they come with correct connectors for FTR or is it a cut, solder, wrap proposition. Also, which size did you get?? Thanks much again for your help Stay safe

MK

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hello @MKArch34,
The rage360 came with OEM connectors, just plug them in. The total install including removing the stock signals was maybe 10 minutes. I didn't even remove the headlight nacelle. There was room enough to get to the connectors with it in place.

I went with the 54mm signals. They fit great.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts