Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Bronze member
3,508 Posts
Lines look fine, but by the time you add mounting hardware and the rack, it’s still $$$. I wonder what hardware you get (locks, etc) for $1800.00. I’m sure a liner is separate.

·
Premium Member
2019 Chieftain Base++++
850 Posts
For those that want the sleek look of a chopped trunk I think it looks pretty good. I need to be able to put my 3/4 and or full face helmet in, so not for me. Also it appears the mounting base is just the other base without the back bar, so if you already have one I suspect you won't need a new one.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For only $2300 you can now carry 6 burritos. Not worth it to me. But I guess if you really need to carry your trapper keeper with you, that's probably all it can store. But no judgement, If you like it, go for it. My budget is a little tight for something like that.
Agreed, not looking to buy it just looking for opinions on Indians "new" accessory for our rides. Personally I like the way it looks but if I was looking I would save 800 bucks an buy the Avanblack color matched trunk for 1500 and it comes with a luggage rack!

·
Registered
303 Posts
PIZZA BOX is a cool look.... But I go traditional look

Reactions: Dr.D

·
Silver member
3,866 Posts
PIZZA BOX is a cool look.... But I go traditional look
I thought it might great for pizza box leftovers and that’s about it. It is to small to be very useful for me. The only real benefit of this box is your pizza will lay flat int the box not falling into a heap in the saddle bags. Looks trim and stylish but not enough function.

Reactions: El-Spanky

·
Silver member
7,326 Posts
Man You guys get it for a steal; In Canada its $2,400 for the low profile trunk.
Not much of a price difference compared to the touring Trunk at $2,565
What a joke - Both are grossly overpriced.
Sorry Indian - you're not selling accessories for Ferrari's.

Product Font Peripheral Material property Camera accessory

Helmet Font Material property Automotive lighting Mouse

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I think you’d be pressed to get a half helmet in that thing. I’m sure some people will really dig it, but I carry helmets, groceries, dog food, travel items, and even a pile of corn ears one time. That skinny trunk looks like a document case!

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Limited, Ruby Red Metallic
362 Posts
but, c'mon....they're cool......we'll pay any amount to look cool, right?? And I bet they're made in China!! WIN, WIN!!

Getting a bit tired of corporate greed......

·
German Rider
2,510 Posts
That's why a bought a Roadmaster. Real trunk for two helmets and not such an ugly pizza carrier like lots Harleys got. Never got it why putting such a useless thing on a bike. Same like a big wing on a 100 HP Honda Civic trunk. Looks like crap.

Just my two cents....

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
216 Posts
And the new "low-profile" trunk now has hydraulic pistons to hold it up - I've had that on my CURRENT truck thanks to a member on this forum - it was probably my 1st "mod" to my bike

·
Bronze member
3,508 Posts
I just built the low profile trunk on IMs website. Trunk, mount, backrest pad, low profile antenna, plus tax will be about $2500 (ouch). The trunk does come with a liner. But this just kills me…IM offers the mount in black or chrome, but look at the hinges on the matte trunk...
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Flash photography

1 - 20 of 51 Posts