Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my PV3 today, hooked it up and got the stk and info file and sent the request off to fuelmoto.

In the mean time I figured I might try one of the DynoJet tunes this weekend while waiting on FM. Hooked to the bike it said no compatible tunes, so I hooked it up to computer and went to DJ, uploaded pv-info file to search for tunes and none came back. Realized it had a long list of tunes preloaded on it so went back to bike, let it boot up and again says no compatible tunes.

Anyone know why? Tunecompat number from bike matched a few of the DynoJet tunes, but checksum number matched none. Could this be the cause? Again, why would there be no compatible tunes? Thanks

2019 chieftain dark horse

·
Bronze member
4,321 Posts
The reason you send the info to Fuel Motto is so the tune they send you will match the specific checksum of your bikes tunes with the tune they send you. The tunes on the website and on your unit match older tunes and checksums but they keep changing this the reason to send the data to FM

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I trust FM to get me a compatible tune, but if I didn’t use this forum and simply bought the PV3 from DJ or any other vendor, then it would be useless for me since none of the DJ files are compatible and I would have a paperweight, even though DJ says they have compatible tunes for my bike

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
I just got my PV3 and it has 6 pre-loaded tunes on it, when I connect to the PC it shows a much longer list? not sure why.
I have tried all 6 tunes and bike backfires on all of them, I have stage 1 pipes, stage 2 cams, Alen Ness big sucker air, none of the tunes have this same configuration .
I will just keep trying, maybe I need to get into the software and tweek my own tune but no idea where to start.
Cheers

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just got my PV3 and it has 6 pre-loaded tunes on it, when I connect to the PC it shows a much longer list? not sure why.
I have tried all 6 tunes and bike backfires on all of them, I have stage 1 pipes, stage 2 cams, Alen Ness big sucker air, none of the tunes have this same configuration .
I will just keep trying, maybe I need to get into the software and tweek my own tune but no idea where to start.
Cheers
Well the long list when hooked to pc is all the tunes for the 111 that are preloaded. The 6 are ones that are compatible with your bike, which I believe means the tunes match both the compat and checksum numbers, but I couldn’t find this explained anywhere.

I was just looking for improved stock right now, but have 0 compatible files, your doing better than me. Did you purchase from fuelmoto? If so then they will likely have something for you that will work. If not and you want to tweak your own then look up CraigB’s blog on it.

·
Rider
698 Posts
Get with Craig B on this site he does custom tunes for your bike. You ride/record, send it to him and he sends you a new tune specifically for your bike. You can order the "custom tune" through Fuel Moto as well.

Reactions: J0ker

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Get with Craig B on this site he does custom tunes for your bike. You ride/record, send it to him and he sends you a new tune specifically for your bike. You can order the "custom tune" through Fuel Moto as well.
I’m definitely planning on it, but not doing it until I have all the “upgrades” so just riding stock right now as I collect the parts and since I have the PV3 wanted an improved stock tune for the time being.

Already punched the exhaust plugs and got the stage 3 cams waiting in the box, x-pipe on the way, now just need the VP116 and a 60mm TB since the ‘19 111 has the 60mm manifold. Oh and maybe stronger clutch springs...

·
Rider
1,113 Posts
I’m definitely planning on it, but not doing it until I have all the “upgrades” so just riding stock right now as I collect the parts and since I have the PV3 wanted an improved stock tune for the time being.

Already punched the exhaust plugs and got the stage 3 cams waiting in the box, x-pipe on the way, now just need the VP116 and a 60mm TB since the ‘19 111 has the 60mm manifold. Oh and maybe stronger clutch springs...
A tune from Craig won't do you any good until ALL your upgrades are installed, ride the bike until then. When you have ALL your upgrades installed, you are READY to request a tune from CraigB/Fuel Moto. When you request the tune file from CraigB/Fuel Moto at the www.fuelmotousa.com web site you will be asked to list ALL the upgrades installed on your particular bike, that way they can give you an accurate tune file for your particular configuration, be patient, the tune file from CraigB/Fuel Moto will optimize your Thunder Stroke will ALL your installed upgrades, it's well worth the wait

Reactions: J0ker

·
Silver member
4,676 Posts
Well I trust FM to get me a compatible tune, but if I didn’t use this forum and simply bought the PV3 from DJ or any other vendor, then it would be useless for me since none of the DJ files are compatible and I would have a paperweight, even though DJ says they have compatible tunes for my bike
If you reach out to Dynojet with the STK and PV_info.txt files, they will convert a tune over to the correct checksum.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A tune from Craig won't do you any good until ALL your upgrades are installed, ride the bike until then. When you have ALL your upgrades installed, you are READY to request a tune from CraigB/Fuel Moto. When you request the tune file from CraigB/Fuel Moto at the www.fuelmotousa.com web site you will be asked to list ALL the upgrades installed on your particular bike, that way they can give you an accurate tune file for your particular configuration, be patient, the tune file from CraigB/Fuel Moto will optimize your Thunder Stroke will ALL your installed upgrades, it's well worth the wait
Pretty sure that’s exactly what I said :)
Paying for the RTS doesn’t make sense until you have everything installed, but fuelmoto should have some good pre-built tunes that will improve my bike for the time being.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you reach out to Dynojet with the STK and PV_info.txt files, they will convert a tune over to the correct checksum.
Thanks, that’s what I was looking for, didn’t know they would do that, I’ll contact them tomorrow but I’m expecting fuelmoto to get back in the next couple days and will probably just run theirs. But may do both and compare...

·
Silver member
4,676 Posts
Thanks, that’s what I was looking for, didn’t know they would do that, I’ll contact them tomorrow but I’m expecting fuelmoto to get back in the next couple days and will probably just run theirs. But may do both and compare...
Since I do the Indian Tune Support for FuelmotoUSA now, I will be sending you a tune. I did not see the request on Friday. I will look at the database late tonight or early morning to get you a tune out.

·
Rider
1,113 Posts
Pretty sure that’s exactly what I said :)
Paying for the RTS doesn’t make sense until you have everything installed, but fuelmoto should have some good pre-built tunes that will improve my bike for the time being.
Sorry, mis understood, my apologies =)

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

·
Silver member
4,676 Posts
I sent you two tunes, ours and the Dynojet one converted over.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts