Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Rider
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Indian Brand Lovers !

Our partner DarkScout has developed a cool new product. A wall mountable laser cut and powder coated Helmt & Coat rack.
Pre-ordering for sale at the Chiefland Pow-Wow $125.00 Let me know if you would like to reserve one- John

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Indian Brand Lovers !

Our partner DarkScout has developed a cool new product. A wall mountable laser cut and powder coated Helmt & Coat rack.
Pre-ordering for sale at the Chiefland Pow-Wow $125.00 Let me know if you would like to reserve one- John
Pretty cool but seems little steep in price. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
5,854 Posts
Hey John - I want one. I'll pay you at the Pow-Wow but will need it shipped to my home. Carrying too much chit on the bike as it is.

·
Rider
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Quinn. I'll set one aside as soon as I receive them. Appreciate the support! - John

·
Banned
1,051 Posts
I came up with the idea one evening when I got home from a days riding, having no place to put my helmet and jacket, as well as riding jeans.. The one's you see on the wall are the first ones I made out of stainless steel just to see how they would go, after more than a year I am more than pleased that I have them to hang my riding gear on when I jump of my Chief... Have been asked by guys that ride HD if I could made them one as well..

I just have to come up with a way that they can be more economically shipped as they are quite large in box size to ship and that's the costly part..

If anyone can come up with a way of flat packing them and could be assembled very easily and still be strong I would make you the prototype for free, sound like a competition...

15621904_1624571757839066_2574688845997698695_n.jpg

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I came up with the idea one evening when I got home from a days riding, having no place to put my helmet and jacket, as well as riding jeans.. The one's you see on the wall are the first ones I made out of stainless steel just to see how they would go, after more than a year I am more than pleased that I have them to hang my riding gear on when I jump of my Chief... Have been asked by guys that ride HD if I could made them one as well..

I just have to come up with a way that they can be more economically shipped as they are quite large in box size to ship and that's the costly part..

If anyone can come up with a way of flat packing them and could be assembled very easily and still be strong I would make you the prototype for free, sound like a competition...

View attachment 209521
How do you like that bell rogue?

·
Rider
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We are now offering this Helmet Hook/Coat Hanger for $89.99 + shipping. Website will be updated with new pics soon. All shipments will take place the week of April 21. First come, first serve! New pics coming shortly- John

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,354 Posts

View attachment 209521

What kind of laser are you using that can cut though stainless steel?

Also, what process did you go through to get permission from Polaris to make and sell these? There's a bunch of products I'd like to make, but always assumed the legal process or fees would make it not at all worthwhile.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
We are now offering this Helmet Hook/Coat Hanger for $89.99 + shipping. Website will be updated with new pics soon. All shipments will take place the week of April 21. First come, first serve! New pics coming shortly- John
First come first serve? Is there limited supply? I want but need to make some $$..

·
Super Moderator
5,854 Posts
I got one from Jethros Parts (John). Very high quality and workmanship. Haven't installed on garage wall yet, waiting until warmer weather so I can redo my whole garage. See what you made me do John !

·
Registered
307 Posts

View attachment 209521
If you want flat packing why not just add a hing where the arm meets the wall. Rotate flat for shipping and purchaser places at whatever angle they want on the wall. Possibly even mount 2 arms from same point for 2 helmets and jackets.

·
Rider
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Price reduction has been loaded onto website. Will try to get new pics loaded tonight. Current picture does not do the product justice! - John

·
Registered
231 Posts

View attachment 209521
Dark Scout, Instead of welding the part that sticks out from the wall to the part that lays flat on the wall, make them 2 separate pieces. The part that sticks out from the wall would have 2 nuts welded to the top and bottom where it touches the wall plate. The wall plate would have 2 corresponding holes through which the bolts would go. I think that would work and you could ship it essentially flat.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts