Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had the Freedom performance true dual sharktails installed on my 2018 Cheiftan Darkhorse 111 thunder stroke. Install went smooth bike started no issues or codes. Went for a ride up the road came to a red light geared down to first bikes idle dropped below 750 and stalled out. Started back up fine road down to another light geared down to first let off the throttle stalled again. The bike had now been flashed by the dealer twice and no one has a clue to as why this is happening. Essentially told me to just keep giving it a little throttle when waiting for the light? Doesnt seem like a pretty good fix. Anyone know what's going on? O2 sensors ? Does the bike need to be dynoed I'm at a loss here so much money bleed into this situation.

·
Founding member
483 Posts
Give Fuel Moto a call. They'll be able to fix this with one of their tuners and custom tunes. As a bonus, the bike will run better that it does with the factory tune.

Reactions: IMARIDER

·
Bronze member
4,346 Posts
I just had the Freedom performance true dual sharktails installed on my 2018 Cheiftan Darkhorse 111 thunder stroke. Install went smooth bike started no issues or codes. Went for a ride up the road came to a red light geared down to first bikes idle dropped below 750 and stalled out. Started back up fine road down to another light geared down to first let off the throttle stalled again. The bike had now been flashed by the dealer twice and no one has a clue to as why this is happening. Essentially told me to just keep giving it a little throttle when waiting for the light? Doesnt seem like a pretty good fix. Anyone know what's going on? O2 sensors ? Does the bike need to be dynoed I'm at a loss here so much money bleed into this situation.

True duals sound cool look cool and suck for performance and provide no scavenging which is good for low end torque. You need to get a PV3 and aftermarket tune to get the engine tuned for that exhaust.

·
Bronze member
3,102 Posts
Something else ya MIGHT wanna TRY,which usually works in the automotive world,is whenever you make a change to something in the running gear, like a new computer part,sensor,or performance upgrade,the factory service manual recommended disconnecting battery negative for ten minutes or so,then reconnect it,and take said vehicle out for alittle ride.What this does is allow the ECM to relearn,and or adjust,to the change made in the system,whether it be a factory replacement part or a performance upgrade.
Now I'm NOT saying this will correct your problem,but since it usually works in the automotive world,[also computer controlled] it should work on your motorcycle.And since it only takes a few minutes to do,it's worth a shot. I did this on my Triumph [also computer controlled] whenever I changed a defective sensor or made some performance upgrade,and it worked. Good luck! Dave!!!

·
Bronze member
4,346 Posts
Something else ya MIGHT wanna TRY,which usually works in the automotive world,is whenever you make a change to something in the running gear, like a new computer part,sensor,or performance upgrade,the factory service manual recommended disconnecting battery negative for ten minutes or so,then reconnect it,and take said vehicle out for alittle ride.What this does is allow the ECM to relearn,and or adjust,to the change made in the system,whether it be a factory replacement part or a performance upgrade.
Now I'm NOT saying this will correct your problem,but since it usually works in the automotive world,[also computer controlled] it should work on your motorcycle.And since it only takes a few minutes to do,it's worth a shot. I did this on my Triumph [also computer controlled] whenever I changed a defective sensor or made some performance upgrade,and it worked. Good luck! Dave!!!

Doesn't work on a Bosch ECU

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a 14 Chieftan that I took to the dealer for the shift indicator recall.
It ran fine before I took it in.
They did a reflash and now the bike won’t idle. Engine stalls with the clutch engaged.
They’ve had it a month now and can’t figure out what’s wrong???
Just called this am and said it’s the ecm and ordered a new one.

Something is fishy!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a 14 Chieftan that I took to the dealer for the shift indicator recall.
It ran fine before I took it in.
They did a reflash and now the bike won’t idle. Engine stalls with the clutch engaged.
They’ve had it a month now and can’t figure out what’s wrong???
Just called this am and said it’s the ecm and ordered a new one.

Something is fishy!
Does your bike start in gear? Was having the same problem. Re-tuned my bike and was still stalling when downshifting. Replaced the clutch switch which was recommended by another member and problem fixed.

Check out the thread "roadmaster shutting off while gearing down" sorry, dont know how to paste it here

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts