Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m 5’7” and own a Chief Vintage bought it new November traded in a CB1100 quite a difference in riding positions. I’ve practiced in parking lots and ridden through the winter it’s got a little over 2,600 miles now. I’m okay with all the controls and everything but the handlebars are taking a little more time than I thought to get used to. Maybe the reach is too far or could it be that I’m sitting low and reaching up on the CB it was the opposite. My right wrist really hurts after riding 100 miles or so has anyone else had this problem. Should I try new bars reduce reach or maybe beach bars?

·
Registered
224 Posts
I came from a Concours 1400 to a Chief Classic. I had a similar problem. I adjusted the bars a little lower ( which also made them a little closer ) and that helped alot.
The bolts to loosen them are reached from the bottom with a long allen socket (6mm I think) There's not a lot a adjustment available because the wiring is in the bars and you don;t want to pinch them where they come out of the bar

·
Registered
478 Posts
I’m 5’7” and own a Chief Vintage bought it new November traded in a CB1100 quite a difference in riding positions. I’ve practiced in parking lots and ridden through the winter it’s got a little over 2,600 miles now. I’m okay with all the controls and everything but the handlebars are taking a little more time than I thought to get used to. Maybe the reach is too far or could it be that I’m sitting low and reaching up on the CB it was the opposite. My right wrist really hurts after riding 100 miles or so has anyone else had this problem. Should I try new bars reduce reach or maybe beach bars?
I too am in the 5' 7" range, installed 2" Pull Backs on my '14 Classic, no more reaching...

·
Administrator
16,037 Posts
Welcome to the tribe! As you can see, tons of helpful people and great ideas here. Once you get your bars set to a comfortable position and put some miles on, you will love the feet-forward position. It’s a whole different / more comfy way to ride.

·
Rider
1,190 Posts
Many people will change the Bars or Seat , we all seen to come in different shapes and sizes .
One small change can make a world of difference in your comfort level . Enjoy that new ride !

·
Rider
1,311 Posts
I haven't figured out how to search this new site yet. But back in there somewhere is discussion about a 2" riser for a BMW that works. I know it works because I bought a set. I wasn't having wrist problems, but just found that I was reaching more than I wanted, especially on long road trips.

I got a set of their blems for $75 because I have a Chieftain and you can't see them anyway. They didn't seem "blemmed" to me. I forget what the full price was, but since their for a BMW, it probably wasn't cheap.

BD

·
Banned
4,925 Posts
I haven't figured out how to search this new site yet. But back in there somewhere is discussion about a 2" riser for a BMW that works. I know it works because I bought a set. I wasn't having wrist problems, but just found that I was reaching more than I wanted, especially on long road trips.

I got a set of their blems for $75 because I have a Chieftain and you can't see them anyway. They didn't seem "blemmed" to me. I forget what the full price was, but since their for a BMW, it probably wasn't cheap.

BD
BD - are you referring to the Rox Risers? I was thinking of getting them to raise the bars a couple of inches but they won't work on my '15 Vintage. The nacile (spelling?) won't allow the additional height. The OP's Vintage is newer so maybe it has a different set up allowing the use of risers?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts