Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I picked up my new Springfield in Black and Tan and love the bike.
I have to go back to the dealer when my Tru Duals come in and Ill post pics when that happens.

For now, after 75 miles, I am aware that the stock seat isnt something I would want to do a 6-7 hour trip on.
Maybe not even a 3 hour trip.
Corbin makes a nice seat but they have been hit or miss for me with a few bikes over the years.
Ultimate makes a nice seat that looks "stockish."
Not sure what else might be out there.
I am not opposed to an Indian Touring seat of some kind as they make like 8 different seats but not sure if they're any more comfortable for longer trips.

Any suggestions?
Are any of the "cooled" seats any good?
Looking for suggestions for a rider and passenger seat.

Thanks

·
Registered
2017 Indian Springfield
109 Posts
I agree with pfhague. Just put an ultimate seat on my Springfield and like it. Only downside is they don't have a cooled version. I test rode a Pursuit with the heated/cooled seat, and that is a game changer for summer riding. I've never had much use for a heated seat, I'm originally from SD so am very cold tolerant, but the cooled seat is some black magic voodoo! I can see that making a real difference when you're on a long ride in 95 degree heat.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree with pfhague. Just put an ultimate seat on my Springfield and like it. Only downside is they don't have a cooled version. I test rode a Pursuit with the heated/cooled seat, and that is a game changer for summer riding. I've never had much use for a heated seat, I'm originally from SD so am very cold tolerant, but the cooled seat is some black magic voodoo! I can see that making a real difference when you're on a long ride in 95 degree heat.
I live in Tucson Az and I asked my Indian dealer about Indian's cooled seat.
He said dont bother, that they couldn't keep up with our heat.

I have no first hand knowledge however and no feed back from owners of other manufacturers cooled seats.
I would think even a little has to help.

·
Registered
2019 Chieftain Classic
471 Posts
I like my Corbin solo. It's a firm seat, but I rarely notice it's there (i.e., little to no squirming), which is always a good thing.

·
Registered
2021 Roadmaster DH in White Smoke
127 Posts
I live in Tucson Az and I asked my Indian dealer about Indian's cooled seat.
He said dont bother, that they couldn't keep up with our heat.

I have no first hand knowledge however and no feed back from owners of other manufacturers cooled seats.
I would think even a little has to help.
I can tell you that it takes about 10 to 15 minutes for the cooling to really kick in. When it does, it works well. It basically drops surround temperature about 15 degrees which is very noticable. The bad part is that they are not extremely comfortable to sit on for long rides. I find it ok for up to a 2 maybe 3 hour ride and then I am to a point to when I need to stand up. If you are not planning on doing any real long rides, it will probably help. I'll tell you that if you can do an Iron Butt challenge on one of the Heat/Cool seats, you have really accomplished something.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hello All,
I picked up my new Springfield in Black and Tan and love the bike.
I have to go back to the dealer when my Tru Duals come in and Ill post pics when that happens.

For now, after 75 miles, I am aware that the stock seat isnt something I would want to do a 6-7 hour trip on.
Maybe not even a 3 hour trip.
Corbin makes a nice seat but they have been hit or miss for me with a few bikes over the years.
Ultimate makes a nice seat that looks "stockish."
Not sure what else might be out there.
I am not opposed to an Indian Touring seat of some kind as they make like 8 different seats but not sure if they're any more comfortable for longer trips.

Any suggestions?
Are any of the "cooled" seats any good?
Looking for suggestions for a rider and passenger seat.

Thanks
Right after I got my Chieftain I found a great deal on an Ultimate seat,it was very comfortable,but I didnt like how it sat me up about an inch higher so I sold it.
I may send my stock seat off to either mean city cycles,or have master lugo work it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Mostly I try to avoid adding anything that involves more potential electrical issues to my Springfield, though as it relates to heated/cooled seats or grips, I am helped by living in a modest environment where really cold or really hot days strung together are minimal for the most part.

That said, my rear end was begging for an upgrade from that stock seat which led me to install the Saddlemen Road Sofa with backrest, no cooling or heating. Uber comfort improvement not only for me, but my passenger as well when she's aboard. It does seem to put you back a little, and up a little from stock, but was easy to get used to. Just did a 2 day trip covering 13 hundred miles and no complaints at all from that body part.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts