Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be posted already but when customizing the rider screen, i.e. moving the widgets to desired location, it will not save them. They only stay where i want them until I shut off the bike. Start the bike back up and I have to rearrange everything all over again. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I definitely experience the same issue and would love to know if there is a way to do a hard save so that the system retains the reconfiguration

·
Registered
88 Posts
I am having the same issue. In an email response from Indian, Indian stated "it's a known bug and it will be fixed with the next software update in early summer".

·
Bronze member
2,667 Posts
Just got a Challenger a few days ago. My widgets stay where I move them. I have noticed the auto dim feature will make the screen too dark during the day sometimes.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,308 Posts
I think the issues depend on which model. I've got the limited and have the dimming issue but my widgets have stayed put.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the issues depend on which model. I've got the limited and have the dimming issue but my widgets have stayed put.
Base model for me. I haven't had the bike a week yet. It's a big change from the tech(or lack of) from my kawasaki ninja. Can't really complain too much, I absolutely love this bike.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just got a Challenger a few days ago. My widgets stay where I move them. I have noticed the auto dim feature will make the screen too dark during the day sometimes.
Is there a Ride Command software version listed somewhere where we can check the version?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I had the same issue with my base, I resolved it by installing the gps unit.
I am sure Indian knows this and the dealers, you cannot save widgets on base unless you upgrade with the gps period.

Note: Installed gps myself easy peasy.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Is there a Ride Command software version listed somewhere where we can check the version?
Yes on the Indian Ride Command Website. I bought my challenger 2 weeks ago and when I checked the version I was not up to date. I updated to current version. I haven’t had any of the ride command issues others have had.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I am sure Indian knows this and the dealers, you cannot save widgets on base unless you upgrade with the gps period.

Interesting. I have the base as well and have the gps ordered. Don't they have to reflash the bike when you get the gps installed?

·
Registered
157 Posts
With a GPS unit you get a card with a key number and on your personal computer you download the software transfer that to a thumb drive take it out to the bike and download it you will need to set your bike so it doesn’t shut off when you have the key on you can do that through the Ride Command screens I don’t remember exactly where it is but it is there so the bike doesn’t turn off after so many minutes you do not need the dealer to do this I did it my own garage and I believe Arapahoe did also it’s pretty easy.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ah perfect! I know where that setting is. I'll look into doing it myself then and save a couple of hours of labor. Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,308 Posts
On my Dark Horse, the widgets do stay put but time zone always resets to Pacific... although I'm in Eastern Time Zone.
The time is correct however...
That drives me bonkers! I know it's just a display thing but still....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

$500+ for gps i'll likely never use to get my widgets to stay? I'll pass. Thanks for the info however.

·
Registered
88 Posts
$500+ for gps i'll likely never use to get my widgets to stay? I'll pass. Thanks for the info however.
When I sent the email to Indian, I specifically mentioned that I had the base model. I'd be understating the fact that I'd be extremely disappointed if you couldn't save your settings in the Ride Command even with the base model.

·
Bronze member
2,667 Posts
On my Dark Horse, the widgets do stay put but time zone always resets to Pacific... although I'm in Eastern Time Zone.
The time is correct however...
When I was setting up my ride command, I seem to recall an icon that asked if I wanted to use GPS for time. Probably under clock setting.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,308 Posts
That's true but when you enable it, it changes the time zone on that screen to Pacific. It would be nice if it listed the TZ we're currently in.

Reactions: K-Bobber
1 - 20 of 24 Posts