Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Mexico area riders check in! I believe this list will be short but what the heck. I've seen a few of you out and about.

- New Mexico Boondocker, Los Alamos, NM

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
I live in Midland, we could meet sometimes in Hobbs, Eunice or Tatum if you want?
Only about 90 miles one way for me.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RB, I'm always up for a ride. Tatum is 300 miles from Los Alamos so a bit far for lunch. I'll let you know next time I'm down south...probably Ruidoso area.

·
Registered
412 Posts
You're right Boondocker, attendance will probably be pretty sparse. I don't recall seeing but 3 of us on this site. Who knows, there may be a few more lurking out there. We are a rare breed. Give me a shout when you're headed to Ruidoso and maybe we can hook up for a meal and some riding. If you come down the back way thru Corona and Carrizozo, there is an old ghost town called White Oaks just a short distance off the main road. I have an old house there that I go spend a few days at 4 or 5 times a year. We could even meet there. There is a small bar there called the "No Scum Allowed Saloon" that catches quite a bit of biker traffic on the big bike rally weekends. Town also has some Billy the Kid history. While on the subject, as I mentioned to you, I will be up in Albq in a couple of weeks. Going to get a 2500 mile service done at Indian of Albq on Friday. Going to attend my sons graduation from UNM Sat morning but plan on lighting out Saturday afternoon to make a run to Madrid. Was there about 30 years ago and thought it was a pretty interesting place. Let me know if you want to try to meet somewhere.

By the way, the wife and I took a 2K mile trip a couple of years back on my EGlide and wound up spending the night in Hobbs. Took 2 days to get that smell out of my nose. I know, as some will tell you, that's the smell of money. Not sure how folks that live there get used to the smell. LOL.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RR, I love that area around Ruidoso. I will definitely take you up on meeting there sometime. I will also see if we can meet up when you're in Madrid. Are you talking Friday the 13th? If so, I will be available.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Trip to Albq will be on the 13th. Graduation ceremony is 14th, Sat morning till about 1 PM, then we'll head out on the trip to Madrid. Send me a PM if you think this might work for you. What about Mike? Any other NM riders who might be out there are welcome to join.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I'm surprised there haven't been any posts for your roll-call from IMRG of Albq members. I know they have a chapter there and looks like they have 10 or 12 members.

·
Registered
412 Posts
FWIW I belong to IMRG
Interesting, that's good info to know. I have looked at the Chapter 1959 's web site and was curious if there were any members in the group that live in other parts of NM? Since there is no other Chapter in NM I was wondering if there would be any benefit for an Indian owner to applying for a Chapter 1959 membership that doesn't live close to Albq. What are your thoughts? Are you a pretty active member of Chapter 1959?

·
Read Only
163 Posts
Interesting, that's good info to know. I have looked at the Chapter 1959 's web site and was curious if there were any members in the group that live in other parts of NM? Since there is no other Chapter in NM I was wondering if there would be any benefit for an Indian owner to applying for a Chapter 1959 membership that doesn't live close to Albq. What are your thoughts? Are you a pretty active member of Chapter 1959?
It can't hurt. No, I'm not very active as I'm just now getting back into riding after a very long recovery from
a bad wreck in March 2015 (not on the Indian). They seem like a pretty good bunch but I have yet to ride
with them.

·
Registered
412 Posts
car or bike wreck? Not to be nosy.

·
Read Only
163 Posts
car or bike wreck? Not to be nosy.
Bike. A hit-and-run SUV changed lanes into me shattering my left leg and putting me in a
wheelchair for 5 months.. As soon as I could walk again, I started looking for a replacement
bike assuming that it would be another Harley, but after visiting ABQ Indian, I decided to buy
my Vintage, the last red and cream one, off the floor even though I couldn't ride.

I tried riding in November, but the leg was still too weak and it was only a couple weeks ago
that I got back on and put a couple hundred miles on the bike. Then the weather closed in... :mad:

I'm still working my skills back up.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Not Good, Not Good At All as far as the wreck. Was the driver ever caught? I commend you and give you my total support on your endeavor to return to riding a bike. When I was a lot younger I had an accident on my bike and I remember that I kept telling myself something that I had heard over and over again. If you have a motorcycle wreck you need to get back on a bike and start riding again as soon as possible or you will forever be afraid to ride. Glad to hear you have made so much progress. Keep it up. You know that you're invited along for the ride to Madrid when we come up.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Tim, sent you a PM

·
Registered
412 Posts
Tim and Mike, sent both of you PM's

Reactions: 6816
1 - 20 of 60 Posts