Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'Day to all.
I am researching the logistics and warranty service in Cairns before I purchase my Chief Vintage. Only 2 dealers in Queensland. I think the local Polaris dealer is certified to perform warranty and service. If not, it is an 800km round trip to nearest dealer.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Welcome and good luck with your research :)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Welcome and good luck with your research :)
I have a chief vintage if you go down to Townsville the boys at Honda are the agents for Indian they will look after you contact Scott on 47790211 some have some issues like the brown seat & bags fade from brown to greenish colour also some of the motors have a clacking sound coming from the tappets area???? if I was you I would test ride the one that you are bying to make shore your motor is not clacking at 1800 to 2300 rev range But apart from that the bikes is the best balanced & ergonomic I have ever ridden

·
Founding member / Distinguished
1,956 Posts
Welcome to the fray.... Go ahead, you won't be sorry....

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
G'Day to all.
I am researching the logistics and warranty service in Cairns before I purchase my Chief Vintage. Only 2 dealers in Queensland. I think the local Polaris dealer is certified to perform warranty and service. If not, it is an 800km round trip to nearest dealer.
Looks like you are getting some help with your research from some of your "neighbors" here...good luck with your decision and Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a chief vintage if you go down to Townsville the boys at Honda are the agents for Indian they will look after you contact Scott on 47790211 some have some issues like the brown seat & bags fade from brown to greenish colour also some of the motors have a clacking sound coming from the tappets area???? if I was you I would test ride the one that you are bying to make shore your motor is not clacking at 1800 to 2300 rev range But apart from that the bikes is the best balanced & ergonomic I have ever ridden

1 - 10 of 10 Posts