Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, been lurking for a bit, but I finally moved up to a '17 Roadmaster (long time Goldwing rider). LOVE the Roadmaster! It will be the last bike i buy, I've had it a little over 3 weeks and put almost 2,500 miles on it. I make excuses to have to go places now... and take the scenic route.

Ok, so on to the question. I was going to add some foot pegs to the highway bars, but I've found that I like to just prop my boots up on the bars instead. Do any of you do this? And if so, do you cover them with anything to keep from scratching them? If so, what and where did you source it?

Thanks all!

Chrome up, rubber down.

·
Silver member
4,811 Posts
I have the Springfield with the more moustache looking bar, but I just like my feet up against the bar and tilted out at 45 degrees. Comfortable as hell.

I have mine two plus years and my boots have had no affect on the chrome.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
I use the Kuryakyn toe pegs and am very happy with them. I also have the Indian rubber covers on the top of the bars on my Springfield for another option in foot placement

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Mark. Good to see another member from Savannah!

Edited because I didn't understand your question... A lot of people use the Kuryakyn toe rests. I used them but didn't care for them and now use the Indian infinite highway pegs. If you want to try out the toe rests, I'd be happy to let you try them out.

https://www.indianmotorcycles.net/threads/shout-out-to-kuryakyn-for-their-toe-rest-cruise-pegs.6739/
Thanks man! Those look like just the ticket, I'm not sure if the added distance from the bar to the actual toe rest will effect my comfort but I'd love to try them and if they are what I'm looking for maybe you can let me know what you'd want for them?

Side question: You know anyone that does rides during the week anywhere around here? (I actually live in Guyton) I own a couple of retail stores on River Street and I work most every weekend so I miss most of the planned rides. Thanks again.

Reactions: Geoff-3

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
I’ll send you a PM and we can figure out the details of the when/where for the toe rests.

As far as rides during the week, I doubt there’s much going on as far as organized rides. I’m also off during the week so that’s when I do a lot of my riding. There’s a loop I make from Pooler up 80 to Meldrim to near Claxton then 204 back to 17 and back home. Takes about 1.5 hours and is generally good as far as everything is concerned.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies all! Ryan met me with the Kuryakyn toe pegs. They are perfect for me, I rode with them about an hour and they are exactly what I was looking for. I can set my feet on them behind the fenders to reduce drag, but they also fit the heel of my boots perfectly outside of the fenders effectively the same as a highway peg (at least for me). And they are really low profile, which is something I didn't like about normal highway pegs. And all for the price of lunch at Hooters! :)

Thanks Ryan!

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Thanks for the replies all! Ryan met me with the Kuryakyn toe pegs. They are perfect for me, I rode with them about an hour and they are exactly what I was looking for. I can set my feet on them behind the fenders to reduce drag, but they also fit the heel of my boots perfectly outside of the fenders effectively the same as a highway peg (at least for me). And they are really low profile, which is something I didn't like about normal highway pegs. And all for the price of lunch at Hooters! :)

Thanks Ryan!
It is nice too have members living close and willing to help where they can.So glad the toe pegs worked for you too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts