Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Rider
352 Posts
My dealer didn’t charge me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats the same lever geometry as on mine, the way it fits into the brake cylinder. Only fits 18 and I guess later, I still have a set of chrome levers that only go on a 16 and 17 I have to take back to dealer. Getting them in has a few tricks. The brake lever is held in by one special bolt. Bottom has ordinary lock nut you can remove easily. Top of bolt is hidden under a plastic cap in the bake cylinder assy. I had a &*^%% time getting it out and destroyed it in the process. The bolt takes a metric hex wrench that goes in the hole where the cap came out of.

·
Bronze member
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats the same lever geometry as on mine, the way it fits into the brake cylinder. Only fits 18 and I guess later, I still have a set of chrome levers that only go on a 16 and 17 I have to take back to dealer. Getting them in has a few tricks. The brake lever is held in by one special bolt. Bottom has ordinary lock nut you can remove easily. Top of bolt is hidden under a plastic cap in the bake cylinder assy. I had a &*^%% time getting it out and destroyed it in the process. The bolt takes a metric hex wrench that goes in the hole where the cap came out of.
Yup. I used an exacto knife to get under the cap, then a small screwdriver to get it out. As for the bolt, I think I used a 30 or 40 star bit. Sorry but I don’t remember the actual name of it.

·
Bronze member
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have a question. After installing the new levers the front brake lever has a lot of play in it. I looked through my service manual and couldn’t find an adjustment for it. Anyone know how or if it can be done.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have a question. After installing the new levers the front brake lever has a lot of play in it. I looked through my service manual and couldn’t find an adjustment for it. Anyone know how or if it can be done.

I'll check my 2018-2019 SCOUT FSM tonight.. iirc there was a little grub screw...... but don't quote me on that.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts