Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Can you tell me how they adjust? In the second picture, there are 3 bolts on each bar which I assume allows you to adjust the angle of the grip on the horizontal axis in relation to the bar. In the 3rd picture, you can see 3 additional bolts on each bar...what do those bolts allow you to adjust? I can't imagine you would be able to adjust the grips on the vertical axis, but maybe you can???

Also, did you have to replace your brake line? I have the Indian 2" reduced reach bars and there seems to be plenty of clutch cable, but not much extra brake line.

Thanks...looks great!

·
Rider
517 Posts
What grips are those? I love them!

·
Founding member / rider
895 Posts
Why do HD and now Indian riders insist on installing such ridiculous handlebars on such nice motorcycles? Never understood it other than it is a look at me accessory.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Why do HD and now Indian riders insist on installing such ridiculous handlebars on such nice motorcycles? Never understood it other than it is a look at me accessory.
Are you referring to this particular style, or apes?

If it's apes they are far more comfortable and give you better control over the motorcycle, especially in slow parking lot type situations. Having your hands and shoulders in straight line is the most efficient way. Im a panic stop your also strongest with your arms straight in front of you. Lets say you fall flat on your face, would you put your hands straight out to catch you or would you have them by your waist? I will never understand why some motorcycles actually come with handle bars that put them by your waist.
For me, they also keep me from slouching, I sit a little more upright when my hands are higher. Now, I agree with you, if someone has bars so high they are over their head. You lose control and could be dangerous in a panic situation.

Notice in this video even this cop has taller than standard bars, hands are in line with his shoulders.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can you tell me how they adjust? In the second picture, there are 3 bolts on each bar which I assume allows you to adjust the angle of the grip on the horizontal axis in relation to the bar. In the 3rd picture, you can see 3 additional bolts on each bar...what do those bolts allow you to adjust? I can't imagine you would be able to adjust the grips on the vertical axis, but maybe you can???

Also, did you have to replace your brake line? I have the Indian 2" reduced reach bars and there seems to be plenty of clutch cable, but not much extra brake line.

Thanks...looks great!
When I bought the bars I was more concerned that I could rotate the hands closer to me , but I do believe they adjust up and down , too ? The dealer put them on . I didn’t have to replace any cables , I believe they just cut a couple of zip ties to allow more reach . Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well , I put them on because I like them 🤷🏻‍♂️ They’re at 13” and very comfortable. I don’t think that’s too crazy? We don’t always like each others modifications.? Modifying one’s motorcycle is a way of making it yours and different from stock/everyone else . It’s arrogant to think that your opinion should set the standard . Remember the saying ... beauty is in the eye of the beholder . We can’t all be married to supermodels , only you have to see the beauty ! Next time you roll out of bed , glance over and take a look .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts