Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been shopping for rates for the Scout and I am getting some very high and scary numbers. Progressive gave me a quote at $1000 per year and then an agent near my home town just quoted me at $2074. Is there anyone from New York that can suggest an agent or insurance company with low rates? My insurance for my Suzuki s50 is only at $174 per year. I know that my rates will be much higher with the Scout, but over a grand for the year? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,075 Posts
I had pretty good luck with progressive and geico. About 350 per year. Different state though, so that might be a big difference....

·
Registered
218 Posts
In Maryland...
Progressive quoted me $930 for my new Chieftan. I am currently paying $325 for my Vic Cross Roads with Progressive. I didn't get a good explanation for the almost triple premium.
I tried Daryland as suggested in this forum and have insured my Chieftan for half that of Progressive.

Reactions: harry

·
Registered
311 Posts
call capital gate ins. 518-389-2610 they got me double the coverage for half of what progressive wanted 1200.00 yr.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I am paying around 300 a year for the Scout in CT with Geico. It is a multi bike policy. Geico was much cheaper than Progressive.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
In Florida Progressive is the highest at $1100. Geico is half of that at $525. State Farm is the winner at $325 for full coverage. I have 2014 Chieftain

·
Registered
108 Posts
It seems like the rates for a new model are always very high. When the Chieftains and Vintage came out many were saying the same thing. After a bit the rates came in like with like bikes.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Allstate has a great motorcycle program in South Florida and So. Florida has some of the highest rates in the country. Theft of motorcycles is wayyyyyyyyyyy up! Theft deterrent devices work AND save $$ on insurance. I put on my Vintage Sky Link. Real time GPS better than Lo Jack.

·
Registered
748 Posts
In Florida Progressive is the highest at $1100. Geico is half of that at $525. State Farm is the winner at $325 for full coverage. I have 2014 Chieftain
Also in Cali...

I'm convinced that somewhere in the bowels of Progressive there's a glitch in their pricing model for these bikes.

I had the same massive increase after adding the new Chief.

Went Geico at the same costs you're sighting...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have been shopping for rates for the Scout and I am getting some very high and scary numbers. Progressive gave me a quote at $1000 per year and then an agent near my home town just quoted me at $2074. Is there anyone from New York that can suggest an agent or insurance company with low rates? My insurance for my Suzuki s50 is only at $174 per year. I know that my rates will be much higher with the Scout, but over a grand for the year? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
where in new york do you live?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I use State Farm. They gave me a quote of $276 for the Scout.

·
Registered
323 Posts
My agent quoted me at $240.00 a year in Binghamton, NY (Progressive) so many things factor into it, years driving, accidents, tickets, age, previous motorcycle insurance etc..........

·
Registered
291 Posts
Geico has been the best for rates in CT and CA (my experience) - but it is important to list the coverages that they are quoting when you post cost. When talking about insurance list the coverages working up from the state min coverages to what you feel comfortable with given risk. Also keep in mind many on the forum "may" have homes and other policies with the company influencing rate.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I'm from Long Island and I have My insurance through Geico. I purchased my 2016 Roadmaster in Sturgis and called to switch the insurance from my Vmax which was only $90 a year to my new bike which I have full coverage on for $600 a year. Geico has been a great insurance company toward me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
2,570 Posts
One more reason I am glad I live in Texas.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts