Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weds July 13 edition of the UK motorcycle newspaper Motorcycle News has published some 'images'.

The opening paragraph reads:

'Pictures of five new Indians and a production version of the radical Victory Core concept have leaked to MCN after a reader was unwittingly targeted by an online research firm'

'New Chief, set to be the defining new Indian: conventional forks, dual seat and high exit pipes make the visual case that this is a serious Harley rival'

'New Warrior: Surprise parallel twin evokes Indian's 1949-51 foray into British-bike territory'

'New Sport Scout: Reminiscent of the bike which lapped the entire field in the inaugural 1937 Daytona 200. And is that motor liquid cooled?'

'1950's-style Chief: No front downtube on the frame, plus bodywork reminiscent of unpopular late period Chief, it looks like a red herring'

'Eight-valve racer tribute: ultra purposeful roadster bears the white tyres and tank-under-frame style of Indian's 1910s board-track racer.'

Each is accompanied by an illustration NOT a photograph.

The final paragraph of the article says:

'If you are in the market for an authentic Harley alternative, you'll have to wait around 18 months. Mike Pedler, Polaris' UK sales and marketing boss says: 'We've got international models planned, but we'll just be serving the US market for the next 18 months' '

Remember, you heard it here first!

Eventually the article may appear on their website (http://www.motorcyclenews.com/).

tom

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
+1 with don, I could'nt find any 'Images', Sanqhar could you be more specific where we can find the Indian 'Images'????

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, I just re-read the first post and NOTICED it said 'EVENTULLY IT MAY APPEAR ON THEIR WEBSITE', Here's my sign!!!!!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eventually? That's the same story I get from my wife - 'Eventually I will let you ...... ' Good grief!!!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bottom left is the core bike. Amazing they could disguise it that well.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1522 said:
Bottom left is the core bike. Amazing they could disguise it that well.
Damn, youre right! How could they take a cool looking bike and make it that ugly?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Those cylinders are real tall & long - kinda odd looking. It will be interesting to see the final production bike. I like the Indian nostalgia - I hope it works - I would like to see it succeed & stick around. Can't be ugly though.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The bottom left is NOT the Core bike, it's the eight-valve racer tribute with the tank under frame style of Indian's 1910's board-track racer.

tom

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
4365 said:
The bottom left is NOT the Core bike, it's the eight-valve racer tribute with the tank under frame style of Indian's 1910's board-track racer.

tom
Whatever it is it's ugly...

Hey, since you have the mag, didnt say something about the core bike? Any pics?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
845 said:
Whatever it is it's ugly...
Hey, since you have the mag, didnt say something about the core bike? Any pics?
Sorry I'm having problems attaching it, I've tried three times with no luck!!!

tom

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

This is the best I can do. The Core bike referred to is in the small inset picture.

tom

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I guess it looks ok..........

If they want Indian to sell it has to look like an Indian and run like a Victory! full valanced fenders, retro style vtwin, push rod etc... I am saving for one if they do it with a decent price point!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts