Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Per Ryan, if you have a pv3, do not have the dealer perform the new update as of yet. The pv3 does not communicate with the bike after the new reflash. View attachment 575066

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good to know, I just received my recall notice via mail for the fuse issue, I'm sure they would attempt to reflash when I bring it in. Hope this gets worked out quickly and painlessly.

·
Rider
1,340 Posts
I bloody knew I should have bought a PV3 last week. Here I am left out in the cold again whilst just about everyone else over where you are has a PV3 that won't communicate with the bike with the upgrade. Bugger! Enjoy it whilst it lasts, someone somewhere will be undoubtedly be burning the midnight oil to crack this issue PDQ! Hopefully it'll get all ironed out before it reaches this side of the pond too!

:cool:

·
Rider
1,340 Posts
People do have a tendency to rush out the moment any sort of upgrade is released on vehicles to get it embodied. It's free and they think their vehicle will perform like an F1 Ferrari afterwards.

Think you may have misread it I never mentioned automatic upgrades but whilst we're on the subject I have been reliably informed ours do upgrade automatically over here apparently? It was a feature they added to the FTR for the 'Eastern Side of the Pond Specification.' Polaris installed a massive communication hub in the Post Office Tower in central London solely for the purpose of FTR remote updates, they called the concept 'Central Remote Automatic Programming' or CRAP for short! Surprised you didn't know that!

? ?

·
Registered
219 Posts
solely for the purpose of FTR remote updates, they called the concept 'Central Remote Automatic Programming' or CRAP for short! Surprised you didn't know that!
That shit right there is funny. Thanks for the laugh :LOL:

·
Silver member
4,652 Posts
The excellent firmware guys at Dynojet have worked this out. Hopefully new firmware will be out very soon.

·
Silver member
4,652 Posts
That was fast.
Yes they are good!

I don't have my PV3 with me at the moment. Is this the present version? I can't tell.
"Power Vision 3 Firmware for Indian - Version 2.7.7317.27880"
Waiting for the version number to increment.
No, that firmware was just released to fix some connectivity issues with 2019 and 2020 bikes. There will be newer firmware to address this latest issue.

Edit, I just talked to the firmware engineer, the 2.7 release is to support the Polaris Scrambler.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Polaris installed a massive communication hub in the Post Office Tower in central London solely for the purpose of FTR remote updates, they called the concept 'Central Remote Automatic Programming' or CRAP for short!
And they worked with the UK government to develop "FTR Recognition" software, similar to facial recognition, for the bazillion surveillance cameras in London. That way they can identify and track which FTRs have been updated.

·
Rider
1,340 Posts
K9. How many pints have you had today? So I know how much I need to catch up!....
Not enough! Apologies to anyone that may have been affronted by any of my posts regarding mapping yesterday. I was in a mischievous mood as mapping is an emotive subject for some, and hero worship of the providers is not unusual!

It was a hectic couple of hours but I do love interacting with so many like-minded individuals and providing a laugh even at my own expense. My posts were all in jest in what must have been perhaps quite frustrating scenario for a few?

A few years ago (10-11 years if memory serves) I was in a similar scenario whereupon I took a Land Rover to the dealership for servicing and even left a note on the passenger seat and steering wheel telling them not to reflash it with an upgrade as I had an aftermarket tune! They only bloody flashed it regardless and in the new update Land Rover had added a little 'Gremlin' that prevented any aftermarket interfaces from communication with the ECU through the OBD port. It took a trip to the developers of the aftermarket software so they could experiment with my vehicle and three months to crack the new codes to get back in.

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Not enough! Apologies to anyone that may have been affronted by any of my posts regarding mapping yesterday. I was in a mischievous mood as mapping is an emotive subject for some, and hero worship of the providers is not unusual!

It was a hectic couple of hours but I do love interacting with so many like-minded individuals and providing a laugh even at my own expense. My posts were all in jest in what must have been perhaps quite frustrating scenario for a few?

A few years ago (10-11 years if memory serves) I was in a similar scenario whereupon I took a Land Rover to the dealership for servicing and even left a note on the passenger seat and steering wheel telling them not to reflash it with an upgrade as I had an aftermarket tune! They only bloody flashed it regardless and in the new update Land Rover had added a little 'Gremlin' that prevented any aftermarket interfaces from communication with the ECU through the OBD port. It took a trip to the developers of the aftermarket software so they could experiment with my vehicle and three months to crack the new codes to get back in.
I don't think you need to apologize for that. I think you need to apologize for this apology tour post and not buying us a round.
I don't think the humor, sorry, humour was missed on anyone. And if it was, well, meh.
Laughter is the best cure for anything. I actually appreciated it. Cheers.

·
Rider
1,314 Posts
I don't think you need to apologize for that. I think you need to apologize for this apology tour post and not buying us a round.
I don't think the humor, sorry, humour was missed on anyone. And if it was, well, meh.
Laughter is the best cure for anything. I actually appreciated it. Cheers.
Exactly! In the spirit of humor I posted the opening line of, perhaps, the world's dumbest joke. I got no takers, but I know secretly everyone wanted the punchline. So here it is, en toto:

Q: What eats cotton and rides a motorcycle?
A: Evil Boll Weevil.

Hahaha!

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Exactly! In the spirit of humor I posted the opening line of, perhaps, the world's dumbest joke. I got no takers, but I know secretly everyone wanted the punchline. So here it is, en toto:

Q: What eats cotton and rides a motorcycle?
A: Evil Boll Weevil.

Hahaha!
Alright, I take that back.. I demand an apology... ?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts