Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

New Indian Adaptive LED for $525

18K views 124 replies 38 participants last post by  Michael D 
#1 ·
Just picked up the new Indian Adaptive LED light from Twiggs in Hagerstown, MD for $525. Regularly $600 but they gave me a $75 dollar coupon. Can’t wait to get it on!!!

#94 ·
The way I look at it is this when it comes to safety; my life is worth "X" dollars, without getting into what I own, my charitable efforts, my kids, extended family, waking up to see the next day, etc, etc, etc, blah, blah, blah, etc. Trust me, when you go into a corner hot at night.(and I do....a LOT on this Challenger!).....this light is worth million$. I'm getting one, but will wait for some end of the year holiday discounts from either the dealership or the mothership. In my book, there is NO price for safety. Like what one member said; you pay $30K for bike.....just round numbers.....WTF is $500.00 for a headlight that is desperately needed on this bike? Why are we even wasting our time and electricity on this matter?!??! Wheels down!!!!

#102 ·
desperately needed?

#95 ·
Haven’t used it on any backroads at night yet, but here it is in front of Indian of Northern Kentucky. Even if it wasn’t adaptive, I still think it’s worth it for the halo effect and the black housing looks so much better than stock.

Attachments

#100 ·
I see both sides of this; however, and although I live in deer country and ride at night; being in Canada I cannot justify $800 CAD plus 12% tax where I live for Indians adaptive headlight; then having to still upgrade the passing / driving lights on top of that as I have a 2018 Chieftain with the passing / driving lamps in the fairing.

I can state from my experience; the factory lights my Chieftain came with are garbage for night riding in the country. I went with Eagle LED Lights and can say there's a big difference at a much lesser cost. I have no idea how they compare to Indians or JW Speakers adaptive lights; however, I find Eagle Lights to be a huge improvement from the factory lights that my bike came with.

#101 ·
I agree that a good LED light is a big improvement (I went with a trucklite for my scrambler about 5 years ago and love it).
However, I've had adaptive lights on cars for over a decade and they are amazing. I didn't really notice them at first because of how naturally they operated, but the first time I drove a car without them after having them, it was eye opening. I don't think the motorcycle headlight will be quite as amazing, but I'm hoping it will be.

#113 ·
6 pages of talk and the only customer photos we have are of 1 foot in front of the bike facing the headlight in broad daylight or in a garage? how about some photos or video of how your headlight actually lights up the road at night? otherwise these photos are useless.

#116 ·
I tried to take some pics of the headlight differences of my previous bike and the pictures didn't cut it. Low light photography is very difficult that's why most of the videos you've seen are professionally done. I've read many reviews and most of them said the same kind of thing. "I tried to take pictures but they didn't do the light the justice it deserves."

#119 ·
fair point. but i think even a low quality example of how it lights up the road at night is better than just showing what the headlight looks like while staring at it straight on in broad daylight. the only thing the latter tells you is that it's on or not. maybe the best way to show what an upgraded headlight does is to provide a before/after shot/video so that even in poor lighting/camera situation you can see a difference.

#120 ·
I happened to see a video posted on facepage for a guy who put one on his Challenger. I've ridden mine at night enough to know that there was a pretty big difference. Does anyone have any pics of the install? The one complaint I saw was about an extra cable that couldn't be connected. I've not see pics of one out of the box.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.