Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Rider
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I previously owned a '17 Springfield and thought it had overall decent stock horn, much better than many other bikes that I have owned. But, when I traded that bike for my current '20 Chieftain, I quickly discovered how wimpy the Chieftain horn sounded. It was one of those meep meep sounding horns. When Indian moved the horns location, they also went with a cheesy horn.

So I decided to change it for something a little more serious sounding and got a Fiamm 72112 Freeway Blaster Low Note Horn . It sounds way louder and way better than the stock horn. I could have just snipped off the stock connector and used the included spade connectors, but decided to keep the stock connector intact. So I bought a Delphi connector set which is the same as the stock connector and made my own harness.

These are some pics of the old and new horn, and the connector harness that I made. In the new horn picture, it may look like the brake hose is up against the new horn, but it is not. There is more than 1/4" gap between the hose and the horn with the wheel turned all the way to the right which pulls the line closest to the horn. I thought about rotating the horn 90 degrees CW so the opening would have been to the right side of the bike to increase the brake line clearance, but there really isn't a need. I also painted the back of the new horn black. It was silver.

·
Premium Member
2019 Chieftain Base++++
478 Posts
Great information! There are a few horns I've been looking at but don't want to cut my wires. I'm placing my order for that Delphi connector set right now so that I have it! I'm still deciding which horn I'll get, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I always thought of moving my 2015 horn to there. It looks like Indian added a bracket to attach the meep horn to. Then just extend the wire to the front of the bike. Doable?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Just went out to the garage and looked. On the 15 the allen bolt holds the clutch cable. P.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thanks. I’m doing the same thing as well. Nice cable job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts