Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down today in a roundabout trying to avoid a car that didnt see me. No collision no injury. Just need to replace the peg on the gear shift. Anyway I had not realized I hit my head until I looked at my helmet. Do I really have to replace it? I dont think there was any real impact just scraping.
Bicycle Tire Automotive tire Bicycle tire Bicycle handlebar

Helmet Sports equipment Material property Tints and shades Font

·
Registered
763 Posts
The helmet sellers will tell you a helmet should be replaced after even minor damage. But if you can live with the scrape marks or maybe buff them out some I wouldn't be replacing it. I did just recently replace my Bell Pit boss helmet but only because it is about 7 or so years old and the inside is pretty ratty looking and coming apart.

·
Registered
166 Posts
How old is your helmet(if you are not sure there is a tag inside with the manufacturing date). The foam has a certain lifespan anyhow- I believe it’s supposed to replaced at 7 years from manufacturing date regardless of having crashed or not.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies. I've only had it for a month hence the reluctantcy to replace it. I was planning on doing a hydro dip on it anyway. I feel the foam inside is fine since I didnt feel any impact. I just slide on my back is all. I know the safest thing is to replace it but seeing how most people around here ride without a helmet Im ahead of the game anyway lol.

And Evilmonkey I think Ill pass on that 😆

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I've only had it for a month hence the reluctantcy to replace it. I was planning on doing a hydro dip on it anyway. I feel the foam inside is fine since I didnt feel any impact. I just slide on my back is all. I know the safest thing is to replace it but seeing how most people around here ride without a helmet Im ahead of the game anyway lol.

And Evilmonkey I think Ill pass on that 😆
Sounds like a plan. Ride safely!
One comment for everyone- check your manufacturing date. I bought a new aria helmet only to realize it had been on the shelf for 4 years when I bought it. Would have negotiated pricing harder had I known I only had three years of usage left on it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds like a plan. Ride safely!
One comment for everyone- check your manufacturing date. I bought a new aria helmet only to realize it had been on the shelf for 4 years when I bought it. Would have negotiated pricing harder had I known I only had three years of usage left on it.
Says June 2021. Thats pretty good.

·
Registered
2022 Chief Darkhorse
420 Posts
What kind of bike do you have? I replaced my shift/brake pegs on my 22 Chief with billet ones and the stockers are hanging out in my garage. You can have them if they’ll work for you - just pay shipping!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts