Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hey brother, fancy meeting you on here, the bars look great, of course I've already told you that. Hope rain does not keep us from riding tomorrow.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey brother, fancy meeting you on here, the bars look great, of course I've already told you that. Hope rain does not keep us from riding tomorrow.
Hey Bro! Yes I hope the rain doesn’t shut us down. If it’s raining when we start then it’s a go!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wow! Those look great. I have a few questions if you don't mind. It looks like your bike is in the 2014-2016 year range based on the dash and handlebar controls. I have a 2015 Roadmaster. Are you noticing more airflow on you hands now? Did you do the work yourself? I was curious if you needed longer wires to run through the bars? TIA.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,912 Posts
Wow! Those look great. I have a few questions if you don't mind. It looks like your bike is in the 2014-2016 year range based on the dash and handlebar controls. I have a 2015 Roadmaster. Are you noticing more airflow on you hands now? Did you do the work yourself? I was curious if you needed longer wires to run through the bars? TIA.
I also have a 2015 RM but I did the Dirty Bird Stampede mid rise bar. This bar, the Stampede, and the Indian mid rise bar all have about a 4 inch rise. You will feel a bit of air on the knuckles. On mine I was able to loosen up the clamps to the bar and slightly roll them back to be a bit. This will give you about an 1 of gap between the top of the bar and the recess in the fairing where the bar sits. This brought my hands out of the wind and feels pretty comfortable. One thing to be looking at, the bars for the RM have a notch at the end of the bars. This is for clearance of the wires for the handlebar heat. Not all the bars (outside of the Indian bars) have this notch in them. You will see it on your stock bars when the handles are removed. The stock wire length is fine when installing these. Also, I was able to make the stock clutch cable work also. You just have to reposition the cable outside of the triple trees to have enough length. If you want I can take pics of what I am talking about and send them to you. Dean

1 - 7 of 7 Posts