Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 Roadmaster with stock grips. My right hand goes to sleep after about 30 min from the vibration transmitted through the throttle cable. I've tried multiple different types of gloves, but it looks as though I'll need to swap out my grips....any suggestions as to which grips could resolve this problem would be much appreciated

·
Bronze member
1,602 Posts
I added a set of Grip Puppies to mine. They are made from foam rubber and slip over your stock grips.
I second the Grip puppies. Been using them on bikes for years. I have mild arthritis in my hands and they work wonders. Still get cramps in them while riding a 500+ mile day, but anything else is a walk in the park.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,797 Posts
I have a 2018 Roadmaster with stock grips. My right hand goes to sleep after about 30 min from the vibration transmitted through the throttle cable. I've tried multiple different types of gloves, but it looks as though I'll need to swap out my grips....any suggestions as to which grips could resolve this problem would be much appreciated
The vibration must be pretty bad since the big Indians all use throttle by wire. Dean

·
Rider
1,607 Posts
It could also be grip angle, height and size that cause the issues. I had the sa me thing with my 2014 Streetglide and switched out grips

·
Registered
404 Posts
Check out Avon grips. The new memory foam type look interesting and I just ordered a set.

Reactions: Baron58

·
Founding member
568 Posts
When I was faced with this problem, I went to a couple of dealers that a lot of used bikes in their inventory. You'd be surprised to see just how many had custom grips. I sat on a lot of bikes and compared grips 'til I found the one that felt the best. Eliminates a lot of guesswork and the possibility of buying the wrong ones just because they looked cool in some catalog.

·
Bronze member
1,602 Posts
It could also be grip angle, height and size that cause the issues. I had the sa me thing with my 2014 Streetglide and switched out grips
Great point. How your hands "rest" on the grips, as well as the angle and height have a lot to do with how you react to any vibration, whether it's from the bike or the road.

FWIW, the grip puppies do no impede the heated grips from working at all.

Reactions: driver10

·
Registered
641 Posts
Another option is one of those palm rest fittings that slip over the grip. Your palm rests on the flat portion so your fingers can relax.

View attachment 598710
I was going to recommend these! Had them on the ISO grips on my last bike, like these in the picture and they had tabs that screwed on to the end like these. But I was going to recommend the throttle boss or throttle tab or throttle rocker. I have two, one on each grip on my 19 RM. They have velcro on them though to secure it to the grip. I find that my riding glove will cut off a little circulation depending on how I hold my wrist in my thumb area. I need some new ones anyways, just the way they are made and stitched. I have worn these same summer riding gloves with the mesh back and leather palms, this is the 3rd or 4th pair I've had over the years and they are the only ones I have had any trouble with. Here's where I got mine.

https://throttlerocker.3dcartstores.com/

1 - 14 of 14 Posts