Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Bronze member
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the only foolproof fix for the new Indian software. Ecu takes 10min to remove.

for more information contact Indian of Charlotte. Or [email protected]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
405 Posts
Luckily for you northerners you wont mind missing your ECU for however long since the bike will be in storage. It would be a sad week for me of no riding. Sounds like it will be well worth it though; even with the original stock tune Ryan is saying it will be a heap of an improvement over a PV3 flash. Now time to convince the wife to pay for it now and then reimburse ourselves with that eventual stimulus check that is hopefully still coming...

·
Bronze member
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do it on a rainy week, with priority shipping it’s usually a 5 day turn around. This is the norm with jap bikes.

·
Registered
405 Posts
True. I did not think about it accidently getting flashed back by the dealer. With no PV3 support, you'd have to send the ECU back in all over again. I wonder if he would cover that for free if you already bought it. I also asked the question, what happens if down the line you change your exhaust/intake and need a new tune? Since you're not buying a PV3, do I then have to pay more for a PV3 and again for map support or how does that work? Waiting on a response back still.

·
Rider
1,203 Posts
And quite costly perhaps if the dealership was to inadvertently upgrade your software to the latest OEM version?
Yeah, they probably would do it "by mistake..."

·
Rider
1,174 Posts
If I've read it correctly it's at least another 350 Clams even if you have bought a PV3 already from them.

Wonder what the cost for just a PV3 that is AH2 compatible from the off will eventually cost without the need to send the ECU away? I feel for the people who have already bought a PV3 and now need to shell out a significant amount more to get it to work.

I had a Land Rover reflashed by the dealership despite me telling them not to, it took three months to sort out the 'buggers muddle' they caused by doing just that as the new software was not compatible with the tune.

On the FTR adjacent and directly below the connector on the right hand side of the frame I have affixed Dynotape with "Do NOT reflash ECU without liaising with owner first!"

·
Registered
405 Posts
Ryan respond. It includes lifetime tune support. You can either purchase a PV3 and he'll email you the tune, or you can send the ECU back in for a "minimal service charge" and they will flash it there.

·
Rider
1,203 Posts
If I've read it correctly it's at least another 350 Clams even if you have bought a PV3 already from them.

Wonder what the cost for just a PV3 that is AH2 compatible from the off will eventually cost without the need to send the ECU away? I feel for the people who have already bought a PV3 and now need to shell out a significant amount more to get it to work.

I had a Land Rover reflashed by the dealership despite me telling them not to, it took three months to sort out the 'buggers muddle' they caused by doing just that as the new software was not compatible with the tune.

On the FTR adjacent and directly below the connector on the right hand side of the frame I have affixed Dynotape with "Do NOT reflash ECU without liaising with owner first!"
Seems as though the dealership is trained to make these "mistakes"...

·
Registered
688 Posts
thankfully for those of us outside the USA and Canada, we don't need to worry about it and the PV3 is the best option for us.
Cause shipping my ECU would take like 3 months lol

·
Bronze member
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You can still use a pv3 if you wish. AFTER the ecu is flashed. This is only an issue with the new Indian update

·
Registered
405 Posts
yup - still glad I have the old ECU software and don't need to bother though
Apparently from what Ryan explained to me, even if you have the old ECU software, this tune is better. But I'm not sure if its that much better where its worth who knows how long shipping from Australia. He told me it was worth it though over a PV3.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would love to see a dyno graph... I will most likely be shipping out my ECU to Ryan as soon as my Akrapovic Ti Header is shipped.

·
Bronze member
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
He hasn’t tested a akro header. As it would perform similar to a stock header with a standard cat delete due to its design.

It’s not about peak numbers, it’s about the smoothness of the tune.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Apparently from what Ryan explained to me, even if you have the old ECU software, this tune is better. But I'm not sure if its that much better where its worth who knows how long shipping from Australia. He told me it was worth it though over a PV3.
yes I did see that - and yes still not worth either the time or cost to send my ECU around the world and back haha.
I'm happy with my old PV3 tune so all good :)

·
Rider
1,174 Posts
......I'm happy with my old PV3 tune so all good :)
Me too! It's a lot of money if you're content with what you've got and the inherent risk involved in shipping the ECU halfway across the globe perhaps?

And why wouldn't he say that, it's going to cost you between $350 and $500 to find out? He is in the business of course to make money and people will fall over themselves to ship their ECU off as quick as they can remove it searching for tuning Nirvana, when in all likeliness the tune they have from him already was fantastic as it was?

I fell for that one with the latest RevB from Fuelmoto which works with the AH2 update but truth be told can't differentiate from the older version, but then again it didn't cost anything or mean the bike was off the road. 😎

1 - 20 of 102 Posts