Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
14,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rules #4 and #5 have been modified to address prior (but recent) issues (posting somebody’s home address w/o permission, posting inflammatory or derogatory comments on somebody’s home page). These changes were announced previously.

We added rule #16 to address scammers. You may not post items for sale until you’ve been a member for 30 days and have a minimum of 20 posts on a variety of topics. You may not refer members to non-members to buy stuff. You must post a pic or pictures of any item you’re selling so that members can assess the condition. Importantly, we have also posted our first “scammer list.”

Our thanks to all of you who have offered suggestions and information that have made these changes possible.

·
Founding member
2,171 Posts
All good ... I assume that the restriction on recommending a non-member is only directed to a person and not businesses. If someone is looking for a good place to buy "x", can others suggest "Kuryakyn" or "CycleGear" ... or what about "Fred's Garage"?.

·
Rider
832 Posts
All good ... I assume that the restriction on recommending a non-member is only directed to a person and not businesses. If someone is looking for a good place to buy "x", can others suggest "Kuryakyn" or "CycleGear" ... or what about "Fred's Garage"?.
I can't imagine that would be any issue recommending verified or reputable vendors. If you recommend a no-name vendor tread carefully as they should not able to advertise their products without conferring with the Admin.

·
Rider
1,127 Posts
Good.
That said, I'm always up for doing some well deserved knee capping. At no charge /grin.

It is a shame that it only takes a few to screw it up for the many

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.