Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Rider
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I took the SF from VA to TX and back. I was running a Fuel Moto base tune modified using Craig B’s equations. It ran fine but at some point once I got to TX I started to hear a loud chatter from my top end in [email protected] and [email protected] light load conditions. I swapped the stock tune back and same noise persisted. Scheduled a dealer visit for belt adjustment and to diagnose the top end racket. They said they didn’t hear any noises out of the ordinary and did the belt adjustment. I asked them if they flashed the ECM upon pickup and they said yes there was an update. Bike hasn’t made a single noise since! I’ve tried to replicate the load conditions and nada! I pushed the bike back to VA from TX on the stock flash and it was perfect the whole way. I copied the fly by wire settings from my FM tune and that’s all I’m going to adjust at this point. Everything else is great. Maybe Indian finally cracked the code to an EPA compliant tune that doesn’t run like dog squat?

·
Rider
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this a stage 1 or 2 flash?
Would it be offered to customers at no cost?
Thanks
StageII. My bike is still under warranty so not sure what to say as far as outside of warranty? All I can say is that my bike has always had top end noise and now it doesn’t. Craig B had it quieted down quite a bit, but now there’s nothing but sweet sounds coming from my 111.

·
German rider
559 Posts
StageII. My bike is still under warranty so not sure what to say as far as outside of warranty? All I can say is that my bike has always had top end noise and now it doesn’t. Craig B had it quieted down quite a bit, but now there’s nothing but sweet sounds coming from my 111.
I am very intetested in comparing your now running Flash with my Stock File.

With the C3 - Software it is able to save the .stk as a .djt File, and I would like to have a look at it.

·
Bronze member
1,851 Posts
I am very intetested in comparing your now running Flash with my Stock File.

With the C3 - Software it is able to save the .stk as a .djt File, and I would like to have a look at it.
Inspecting this new stage II factory tune with C3 might not unveil the full truth!
Our view on any stk file is limited by the so called definition files (which get updated from time to time) for a specific tune compat (software/settings version).
At the current state Dynojet has not yet reverse engineered all tables (and exposed them in the definition files).

(E.g. we all are waiting for the injector timing tables e.g. ... to be able to tune for more exotic cams/intake valve openings)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Rider
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's interesting, that's the same file name that my bike had as a base tune. Then after stage 2 it changed to F0A7D0_1. Now I am running one of Craigs tunes.
My thoughts are that Indians file naming convention has zero to do with the actual data contained in the file. For example you could take 3 different pictures and name them all 3 different names but nonetheless they all contain the same image. That being said I did have an F0A7D0 file on my PVCX.

·
Bronze member
1,851 Posts
Don't forget there is a base tune compat number (see filename) and many possible chksums (reflecting the settings).

The same tune comapt can come in stock, stage1 or stage2/3 configuration.Later updates on any stage maintain the same tune compat!

·
Bronze member
2,119 Posts
so I took the SF from VA to TX and back. I was running a Fuel Moto base tune modified using Craig B’s equations. It ran fine but at some point once I got to TX I started to hear a loud chatter from my top end in [email protected] and [email protected] light load conditions. I swapped the stock tune back and same noise persisted. Scheduled a dealer visit for belt adjustment and to diagnose the top end racket. They said they didn’t hear any noises out of the ordinary and did the belt adjustment. I asked them if they flashed the ECM upon pickup and they said yes there was an update. Bike hasn’t made a single noise since! I’ve tried to replicate the load conditions and nada! I pushed the bike back to VA from TX on the stock flash and it was perfect the whole way. I copied the fly by wire settings from my FM tune and that’s all I’m going to adjust at this point. Everything else is great. Maybe Indian finally cracked the code to an EPA compliant tune that doesn’t run like dog squat?

What year is your bike and did the new tune effect your over all performance in any way?? My bike is a 2018 SDH. Thank you!! Dave!!!

·
Silver member
3,986 Posts
Don't forget there is a base tune compat number (see filename) and many possible chksums (reflecting the settings).
That’s not how checksums work in general.

A checksum is a number that allows you to check the integrity of the file it belongs to (if recalculating the checksum yourself gives another outcome then the file it was calculated from has changed).

This is typically used in situations where a damaged or altered file could make a device (gps, ecu, controller) utterly useless...

·
Bronze member
1,851 Posts
That’s not how checksums work in general.

A checksum is a number that allows you to check the integrity of the file it belongs to (if recalculating the checksum yourself gives another outcome then the file it was calculated from has changed).

This is typically used in situations where a damaged or altered file could make a device (gps, ecu, controller) utterly useless...
Yes you are right.
But here the chksums are used to distinguish different configurations for the same tune compat. (on stk files!)

(of course ... a corrupt file would produce a completely "unknown" chksum)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts